Little Money Making Scheme

Hey Guy and Girls,

Im looking for someway of making a little extra money to help support me through University. I have a job at Waitrose which I work every other weekend yet this and my loan doesn't not help me through Uni. I've only being paying rent, bills and food and I am always running out of money...I dont even go out or buy anything since I cant afford to.

Ive been reading about loop holes etc or drop shipping/buying bulk and reselling however I do not have the money to get started.

I am studying Digital Multimedia Technology and am fairly proficient at Photoshop, yet not absolutely amazing, I can also create websites and such to a certain level.
I have run 3/4 different websites but since my adsense account got banned I cannot get any income from that. I've made logo's and the likes in the past for a friends music group but it isn't too sustained.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any little money spinners that I can do at home. I think i've exhausted everything. Ive tried paid surveys (I usually dont meet the criteria), adsense, cash back etc etc and I cannot seem to get anywhere.

I just wish I could come up with an idea like https://www.telebid.com or something along those lines. Even if I only made £5 a day profit it would help me along.

If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it if you could pass them on, or even if you have an idea for a website that would be a little money spinner then I would be more than willing to here your idea and help

Thanks
Greg
Cashback
Total Quidco since 2007: £166.64
Total TCB since 2012: £398

Competition Wins
5* Break in Scotland

Comments

• you could try matched betting although you need a bit to start off with. If you follow everything to the letter you can't lose although it can be stressful if you hate the idea of paying out money initially. This is why I stopped but I was up about £250 within a short space of time.

here's the link http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=325861
    :D
  • Amalea
    Amalea Posts: 256 Forumite
    Maybe you should have a closer look at your bills/outgoings first, and maybe up to working every weekend not just every other. You shouldnt be looking at making money as much as you should be focusing more on your uni course-otherwise whats the point?
    If after assessing your bills (eg are you really on best mobile contract?) you're still struggling I believe uni's have a hardship fund, have a talk to someone at uni about it.
    Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.
  • Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Few little tips etc.:

You get your bonus at waitrose in a few months so that'll come in handy, don't go out buying an Xbox or whatever, still it in an account for you to dig into if you need to.

Try and work overtime at Waitrose, extra pay is always useful. And also, try and get a shift on Sundays, you work less and get more pay...
  • roxalana
    roxalana Posts: 631
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Amalea wrote: »
    Maybe you should have a closer look at your bills/outgoings first, and maybe up to working every weekend not just every other. You shouldnt be looking at making money as much as you should be focusing more on your uni course-otherwise whats the point?
    If after assessing your bills (eg are you really on best mobile contract?) you're still struggling I believe uni's have a hardship fund, have a talk to someone at uni about it.

Checking you can't cut back on your outgoings before upping your income sounds like a good idea to me and perhaps do a spending diary - if you are unsure see if the uni welfare service can give you any advice.

I'd check you have no other options before trying matched betting or selling for profit if you are not sure of this. Also, do you work more in the holidays to boost your income?
  • Xeorix
    Xeorix Posts: 385 Forumite
    I plan on saving my bonus towards a car which I will probably be needing for my placement next year.

I worked over Christmas but this just got me out of the red because of bills, rent and food. I also work Sat and Sun but cant get both weekends because of how my shift is planned, and also I travel 2 hours home to work and to see my gf every other weekend.

I have planned my money and its as showed

Income - £200 per month
    Outgoing - £100 per month - bills
    £40 per month - travel
    £75 per month - food

Total - £215. Thats -£15 a month but probably a bit more, like when i go home I may go the cinema and when she comes to see me we go for a drink.
    Lets say £50, that leaves me £65 short.

The extra work in the holidays boosts my income, but only lasts a certain amount of time since im technically loosing £65 a month as above

My loan only just covers my accommodation...and my accommodation is cheap for compared to fellow students.
    I have been to see the Uni however not alot can be done because of my dads wages. He worked hard at University to get a good job, and because of this I suffer. I know he would help me out but mum has m.e so doesnt work, and has to support my 2 younger siblings and my mum
    Cashback

Competition Wins
    5* Break in Scotland
  • Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ok for starters - you see your gf every 2 weeks, be a bore and don't always go out. What does she do anyway? (uni, work what?)

2 hours to work? Thats a long way to be going for starters....

All I;m going to suggest is don;t go home so often, you have to travel 2 hours every fortnight to get to work, have a weekend relaxing every n ow and again, don't go out with your gf, I am sure you can live another week or 2 without seeing her.
  • Xeorix
    Well i go home to work, my gf also works at the same place and works the same weekends as me at the same place. She is also at uni

1 week - I go home (notts-crewe) to work and see my gf
    2 week - Gf comes to notts to see me
    3 week - go home (notts-crewe) to work and see my gf
    4 week - Gf comes to notts to see me

Doing this pattern ensures I can work in the breaks and i get to keep my bonus :)

We hardly go out but I get shouted at and told im boring, so I have to make an effort even if it is for 1 night. Its something different, anyway i dont like being stuck at my PC all day. I spend a lot of time on it anyway.
    Cashback

Competition Wins
    5* Break in Scotland
  • Amalea
    Amalea Posts: 256 Forumite
    Can you break down the bills part more? Sounds like estimated values-you really need to pull all your finances to pieces.
    Whats happened to your loan?
    Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.
  • Xeorix
    My loan just about covers for my accomodation
    Cashback

Competition Wins
    5* Break in Scotland
  • burf16
    burf16 Posts: 31 Forumite
    You need to find time to work on a business idea and also do something you like doing. It helps if you know business minded people. To be honest if you don't have a decent business idea then you need to get a job until you do. There are NO get rich quick schemes out there. They don't exist.
    "To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities." - Bruce Lee

:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family