help please - trying to cancel orange contract

kate83
kate83 Posts: 290 Forumite
Hiya,
Finally managed to find an address to write to to cancel my orange contract, wrote a letter and got a reply today, but its got me confused.

"we really think theres a great deal here for you at orange but we'd like to explain a little more.Just call us free on 0800 0790 272 and we can talk you through all the options (or indeed if you've already made up your mind, simply confirm your request to leave)

If we haven't managed to sway you and you still want to leave us, your phone will be disconnected on 03/10/07"

Does this mean I've got to call them up to confirm I want to leave or can I just leave it??? Really don't want to have to listen to the sales rubbish and I've already got my new phone but don't want to risk them not cancelling my contract.

Please help!!

Comments

• matrix999
    matrix999 Posts: 1,537
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    kate83 wrote: »
    Hiya,
    Finally managed to find an address to write to to cancel my orange contract, wrote a letter and got a reply today, but its got me confused.

"we really think theres a great deal here for you at orange but we'd like to explain a little more.Just call us free on 0800 0790 272 and we can talk you through all the options (or indeed if you've already made up your mind, simply confirm your request to leave)

If we haven't managed to sway you and you still want to leave us, your phone will be disconnected on 03/10/07"

Does this mean I've got to call them up to confirm I want to leave or can I just leave it??? Really don't want to have to listen to the sales rubbish and I've already got my new phone but don't want to risk them not cancelling my contract.

Please help!!

The number thats listed in your letter will more than likely be for the Orange Retentions Dept who will have a look at your account and put together a deal that they hope will make you stay with Orange.

Personally I would give them a call as some of the Retention Deals that Orange are offering at the moment are really good. You may be suprised what you can get out of them. I know you say you have your new phone but I still think its worth a call as if your within your cancellation period of your new account and Orange offers you a better deal you can cancel your new account and take advantage of the hopefully better and cheaper offer that Orange are going to give you.

HTH
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    kate83 wrote: »
    "If we haven't managed to sway you and you still want to leave us, your phone will be disconnected on 03/10/07"

You can safely do nothing, and they will carry out your instructions and terminate your connection as stated.

Orange do routinely write and confirm cancellation instructions like this.
  • jiji
    jiji Posts: 226 Forumite
    matrix999 wrote: »
    The number thats listed in your letter will more than likely be for the Orange Retentions Dept who will have a look at your account and put together a deal that they hope will make you stay with Orange.

Personally I would give them a call as some of the Retention Deals that Orange are offering at the moment are really good. You may be suprised what you can get out of them. I know you say you have your new phone but I still think its worth a call as if your within your cancellation period of your new account and Orange offers you a better deal you can cancel your new account and take advantage of the hopefully better and cheaper offer that Orange are going to give you.

HTH
    I would like to cancel orang contract. Can someone supply me cancel address as I want by writing not on the phone. Yours help muh appreciated. thanks.
  • dc
    dc Posts: 2,547 Forumite
    jiji wrote: »
    I would like to cancel orang contract. Can someone supply me cancel address as I want by writing not on the phone. Yours help muh appreciated. thanks.

Correspondence Department
    Orange PCS
    P.O. Box 10
    Patchway
    Bristol
    BS32 4BQ
    ac's lovechild
  • nickyt
    nickyt Posts: 915
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have gone back to Orange after the really bad customer service you get from O2. I have always found if you do ring to talk to them they will do their best to look after you, unlike O2 who have been rude and very unhelpful.
    Thanks for any help and advice given
    ~~~Nicky~~~
  • jiji
    jiji Posts: 226 Forumite
    dc wrote: »
    Correspondence Department
    Orange PCS
    P.O. Box 10
    Patchway
    Bristol
    BS32 4BQ
    Thanks very much.
  • kate83
    kate83 Posts: 290 Forumite
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm not interested in new deals as I've gone back to pay as you go. With o2 i'm getting 200 free texts a month when I top up with £10 which is about all I use anyway so it works out better for me than what I was getting with my contract for £30 with orange.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure