April 2013 Swagbucks Challenge

Comments

• milo72
    milo72 Posts: 494 Forumite
    edited 21 April 2013 at 12:30AM
    This week alone I've had a 40sbs ,two 20 sbs ,and a 60 sbs surveys not credit. (email ones) .Did I complain ? Nope . Because I worked out that my frustration at non-payment was preferable to the frustration of the looooonnngggg drawn out process of contacting customer support only to be STILL not credited and spoken to like a nine year old.
    So any way we can screw up THEIR flow of info is fine by me.
    Offers etc can still be posted ,but for all else it needs a system in place to keep it from nosy SBs staff. It is good sense . And Karma.
  • paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    fragmented wrote: »

PS Paul, when you looked up what 'brown owl' means on that other site did you bother to look what 'toad in the hole' means ?

No I didn't, but I have now - thank for enlightening me. Sausages in batter will never be the same again
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • Inferno
    Inferno Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 April 2013 at 12:39AM
    Been reading with interest and other things for the past couple of hours.

I think, through my age, drink and sunburn addled mind that:

A simple code system would work here. It has worked on other threads to varying degrees of success, from what I have seen and have gathered from comments above.

It needs to be just enough to firstly, ensure that noobs will quickly gather that there is a code system in place and will therefore be referred to the central reference point on the first post, and secondly, to ensure that anyone here to identify glitches for nefarious reason from quickly scanning through the threads for intelligence will find it difficult.

I say make it difficult as although I am sure that this thread could be an easy place to find and stop glitches, the nefarious ones would then find it a fruitless waste of time and energy and maybe look elsewhere. Like FB - which is beyond our control tbh.

Therefore achieving the aim being discussed, that this is not the place where SB can easily gather info on glitches from.

No one is left out and, as on the whole, we are a helpful and caring bunch on here, noobs will quickly be picked up and swept along in a gonadial and pelvic floorial (?) whirlwind of downright depravity and good mirth.

And if the atmosphere lifts, which I aim to help by contributing more, the codes and phrases will disappear into the gusset of irreverence.

Plus, it's not like everything will be in cryptic, unfathomable spook speak from now on, as the infrequency of glitches is not an everyday occurrence.

Discuss.
  • spiritwood
    spiritwood Posts: 992 Forumite
    [QUOTE=

Discuss.[/QUOTE]

i want what you've been drinking :D:D:D:D
    Originally Posted by easylife73:

Totally enjoyed your glittery fanjo spiritwood...and how totally wrong does THAT sound??!
  • Inferno
    Plus, Spiritwood - I am not naughty, as you insinuated several pages and %abv ago!!

I'm a good boy, me.
  • milo72
    milo72 Posts: 494 Forumite
    fragmented wrote: »
    I am not sure i understand what the "secret codes" will achive as such.... if they are to be added to the first post in the thread then SB rep would also know what they mean.
    If they were only to be knowen via PM, then posting "RV samsung front page" or something like that would mean the SB rep would would go look at that offer to see what he could find.... and in anycase the glitch would be posted in other forums and in facebook.

As helpful as these threads are i would personally like to see them split into 2 threads.
    Thread 1. codes and offers that work and warnings to those that don't work, plus SB codes etc. but no chit chat.... even better would be a twitter feed ?
    Thread 2. SB general chat and fun ?

I would also like to see an FAQ on SB for new users somewhere.... best times to search, warnings about downloading things etc.

PS Paul, when you looked up what 'brown owl' means on that other site did you bother to look what 'toad in the hole' means ?
    I don't understand the sense in posting codes on the first page either. But granted I'm not very Machiavellian minded.
    It seems to me SBs would simply make sure nicky popped in to check once a month & note them.
    I'm still for using the PM share system at the start of each month when codes change. Everyone who posts on here will get the codes sent by someone. Or they can PM a designated team of sharers we can nominate.......say 6/7 people .......for the latest codes.
    Well ,that's my solution/opinion/idea.
    To be perfectly honest I don't care that lurkers might lose out . Why would I ? If they don't care enough to join up & offer anything to the thread then why do they need considered in thread decisions ?
    We give give give on here and SBs & lurkers take. It doesn't make sense & is deeply unfair.
    Sorry if that sounds harsh. But come on....I bet a few others feel the same.
  • Inferno
    edited 21 April 2013 at 1:01AM
    I know exactly where your coming from milo and occasionally feel the same.

I do think, however, think that the thread must remain true to its founding principle, in that is a free for all source of help and guidance on all aspects of using Swagbucks.

I myself was a lurker for an (admittedly) short time and wonder how I would have felt if the thread appeared to be a closed system.

I am sure all contributors begin as lurkers.

I think PM systems rely on humans, which can be a unreliable thing and with people vacating this thread for pastures new at an alarming rate could lead to missing links.

There's a fine balancing point here.

Make it difficult enough for SB snooping to be negated completely and you inevitably make it too complicated for noobs and I am sure alot of casual (but very welcome) users.
  • Inferno
    I'm a casual user myself at the moment all said and done.
  • Inferno
    ojWedAt.png

Good boy, me. See?
  • Inferno
    Inferno wrote: »
    I'm a casual user myself at the moment all said and done.

And that's just drinking Toilet Duck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport