Monarch delays & Compensations. Listed flights denied in O.P.

Comments

• 4poc
    4poc Posts: 40 Forumite
    lisafoster wrote: »
    I sent my NBA on 6th Feb and have had no response (apart from Doreen Slack emailing me back to say that she had forwarded it to EU claims as I copied her in on the email). The only communication I have had from EU claims since I sent the NBA was their letter refusing compensation

Thanks, is it possible to have the email address to send the NBA? I was going to post it to Mr John Marray - Monarch Airlines Ltd, Luton...
    ... should i also send a copy to EU claims on the back of their claim rejection email?
    Most thankful for advice.
  • Just received EC letter re delay of 4 hr 35 mins

'Our records show that on the day of your departure an aircraft suffered a bird strike which required it to return to the airport in order for the requisite safety checks to be made. As a consequence and in order to reduce the length of your delay, passengers were transferred to the first available aircraft within the Monarch fleet. However, the aircraft you were transferred to had a fault with the nose leg requiring our engineers to inspect it. The engineers examined the nose leg and rectified the fault, they were then able to declare the aircraft serviceable and your flight then departed at the earliest opportunity. Despite our best efforts these events led to a delay in the scheduled departure time of your flight.
    Having considered the factual background of this case we are satisfied disruption caused by extraordinary circumstance etc etc etc

We were given no information whilst waiting at Sharm el Sheikh, just provided with either a slice of pizza or a sandwich and a small drink.
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just for my records, OP now updated to include recently posted EC denied flights above
  • Mark2spark
    4poc wrote: »
    Thanks, is it possible to have the email address to send the NBA? I was going to post it to Mr John Marray - Monarch Airlines Ltd, Luton...
    ... should i also send a copy to EU claims on the back of their claim rejection email?
    Most thankful for advice.

No point in sending it to J Marray, just send it to EU claims dept at Luton
  • Mark2spark
    MrsLaLa wrote: »
    Just received EC letter re delay of 4 hr 35 mins

'Our records show that on the day of your departure an aircraft suffered a bird strike which required it to return to the airport in order for the requisite safety checks to be made. As a consequence and in order to reduce the length of your delay, passengers were transferred to the first available aircraft within the Monarch fleet. However, the aircraft you were transferred to had a fault with the nose leg requiring our engineers to inspect it. The engineers examined the nose leg and rectified the fault, they were then able to declare the aircraft serviceable and your flight then departed at the earliest opportunity. Despite our best efforts these events led to a delay in the scheduled departure time of your flight.
    Having considered the factual background of this case we are satisfied disruption caused by extraordinary circumstance etc etc etc

We were given no information whilst waiting at Sharm el Sheikh, just provided with either a slice of pizza or a sandwich and a small drink.

No valid EC's on your flight, just tech issues, time for court.
  • Mark2spark
    ddavies43 wrote: »
    ZB 1377 Venice - Manchester 14/6/2012, claim denied

Would appreciate any observations.

Not much to observe really DD, you can see the answers for yourself, Monarch tried their best and their best wasn't good enough to avoid compensation to be paid under EU261.
  • Mark2spark
    richardw wrote: »
    What was the delay in arriving at MAN?

It would appear that the LGW flight was 3 hours later than the MAN flight, plus disembarking, clearing security at LGW, and reboarding etc etc
    Unless he arrived 2 hours before his flight, which was 3 hours before the Gatwick flight, so only one hour between the two flights originally.
  • Mark2spark wrote: »
    It would appear that the LGW flight was 3 hours later than the MAN flight, plus disembarking, clearing security at LGW, and reboarding etc etc
    Unless he arrived 2 hours before his flight, which was 3 hours before the Gatwick flight, so only one hour between the two flights originally.

Total delay was 4hrs. LGW flight scheduled 1+ hrs. After Man., but was delayed a further 1+ hrs. Then LGW dis. + re embarking + flight to Man..
    Did you note the anomaly between the letters? The one handed to us at the airport said the Man. Flight had been cancelled. The "claim denied" letter says it was the LGW flight (which agrees with flight stats).
  • klint
    klint Posts: 265 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Quick question. There were three passenger in my group, and Monarch insisted on separate claim forms for each passenger (even though I paid for all three flight tickets with my own money.) Now that they rejected the claim, do I take court action in respect of all three tickets, or does each passenger need to take their own court action?
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    You need to get all three claimants in the claimant box on form N1.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure