Strange Direct Debit -BISL BACS ACCOUNT

Comments

• Hi guys,

I've just had "BISL Bacs Account First Payment" come up. I googled it and found this forum.

I recently changed my insurance, but I changed to M&S, and I reconise their DDs. I havent brought anything from the post office, so I have no idea what this is!?

Any ideas?
  • Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    jensensi wrote: »
    I changed to M&S, and I reconise their DDs.

M&S don't do Insurance - they only 'badge' it through their Financial Services operation (which is no longer owned by M&S but by HSBC). Their house Insurance is done by Aviva ..... if you look at your car policy it will tell you who you've actually signed up with.
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
  • Ah phoned up Budget - M&S insurance is through them after all. I just thought it was strange because the other DD with them (I have two policys) showed on the statement as M&S Insurance bla bla... so why the other one is suddenly BISL I dont know...oh well at least I know what it is lol.
  • relynutz
    relynutz Posts: 350 Forumite
    mine was definately for budget insurance
    relynutz says it all :o
  • i have just noticed a DD come out from these and found this after googling, and thank you as i was about to ring the bank and kick off but have now realised it is my M&S car insurance, :)
  • Same again, googled, and found you all. My insurance is thru IBuyEco, who also seem to be based at Orton in Peterborough. I get the impression all these companies are using the 1 intermediary to produce insurance packages.
  • hiya all, ive just checked my bank as i had an inital payment go out of it last week of £22-00, and after checking it today there has been £25 taken out. i to have checked this BISL thing and have found all you lot have had the same thing... is it legal?...
    when i checked my D/Debits on line it has been put down for £25 to be taken out my account weekly...i to have taken insurance with IBUY, and it seems other people have had the same problems.. please can some one advise me as ive also has a bloody charge for £38-00 because there wasnt enough money in account when a check was cashed..
  • I had the same thing in my account. I was having £15 taken out every month then I had two incoming payments of £25. I googled it and ended up here. After looking into it, it is home insurance done through the Post Office. Bonus is that they incoming payments were the cashback I was expecting to wait 9 months for.

So if you have recently set up finance or insurance it's probably that...if not....get in touch with the bank.
  • thanks for this forum because i've just had the same issue... it used to show as the post office...
  • MadMonkey
    MadMonkey Posts: 305 Forumite
    Thank god for the internet !!

I just had the same DD go out and was convinced there was nothing at all it could possibly be - then insurance made me think and i did arrange home insurance which will have started this month !!

I like my direct debits to actually say what it's for or who it's to !
    It's not paranoia if they really are after you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure