Is Mazda 6 any good?

2»

Comments

• jeannieblue
    jeannieblue Posts: 4,761
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thomas99 wrote: »
    I thought the back lights looked a little "big", looks like they are making them smaller on the *new* model...looking on the internet...don't know now if i want to buy an "old looking" model now :eek:
    Thats me out then.......... :o
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • Thomas99
    Thomas99 Posts: 322 Forumite
    Thats me out then.......... :o

No, you are beautiful, what ever model (or year) you are ;)
    Founder member MSE Jet Airways Mile High Club
    Member #1
    :love:
  • honestjohn check the website out, they give you reviews on cars...its a brilliant site.
  • Thomas99 wrote: »
    No, you are beautiful, what ever model (or year) you are ;)

thomas,are you trying to cut my grass?:confused:
    ...work permit granted!
  • ozvaldinho wrote: »
    Hope you do get your money back!

As to Mazda 6...beware! The diesels have a reputation for frail clutches. Often, they need a new dual-mass flywheel at the same time. The cost at a main dealer for this can be £1600-£1800.
    Also, check for full Mazda service history, as there have been lots of recalls, for bubbling alloy wheels, rusting wheel arches and cracked intercoolers, oil pipes etc.
    The clutch on my 55 2.0 diesel went at 67k miles. I'm very gentle on my cars and have had cars do 300k+ miles on the original clutches before. This one went with no warning on the motorway with the cruise control on. Typically, it was just a couple of months out of warranty and Mazda didn't want to know.

That apart, it's a great car and like AdrianHi says, they're great on twisty A roads.

DMF's fail on most cars cos they are a crap design!

Most Jappy cars suffer poor alloys and most will have them refinished FOC in the car in under warranty. Honda are very good at this on the Accord!

Anyway, back to the question - Is the 6 good? Well yes, it's Jappy, so it wont breakdown.

However from the number of people I know that have had them - they all said the same - The seats are VERY uncomfy and give you back trouble! I tried one once and I agree!

Very bland car to be honest, but does the job.

Have a look at the Honda Accord - brilliant car. late '05 Exec models seems to get Nav and PDC as standard over what is already a good spec level...!

Find a 2.4 - sweet engine coupled to a 6 speed box! Xenon lights and two big fat tail pipes!
  • AdrianHi
    AdrianHi Posts: 2,228 Forumite
    Very bland car to be honest, but does the job.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that I suppose, but it's the first time I've ever heard anyone refer to the Mazda 6 as bland.
    For year my wifes car has attracted compliments from women and men a like. Most owners love them for the looks and character (nice sporty raspy exhaust note).
    The Honda Accord is a class act but not as involving to drive as the 6.

There are quite a few existing Mazda 6 owners who like the looks of the older model better than the new. I like both and think that the "Lexus" style rear light clusters are out of fashion now so is best they are not continued onto the new model.
  • jcp_3
    jcp_3 Posts: 7 Forumite
    I have a Mazda6 on contract hire so no repair or maintenance problems to pay for, not that Ive had any so far. Its a great car but if you are worried about paying out for repairs on a second hand car I would contract hire it - i went to https://www.carcontracthireonline.co.uk for mine I pay £250 a month so not too bad depends on your budget but great for peace of mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure