December Debt Destruction!!!

Comments

• Hey All,

It's really nice to read about how everybody is going on, and that we're all battling our way through our debts bit by bit...

Finally move the rest of my stuff today (counting this as my 20 mins exercise ha ha!!!) which will be great - once I feel more settled I know my energy and enthusiasm will quadruple and I can really get in gear with debt clearing.

Today is a planned spend day (to use up vouchers) as is tomorrow (evening spent with my brother) so next NSD due Sunday... I might be a little absent from the boards until I get back Sunday evening... Stay well and keep up the good work...

:rudolf:
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • Good Afternoon Ladies and Gents,

I am leaving for my hiking in about 90 minutes and needed to check in and say hello as I might not be able to do anything over the weekend on the forum... keep posting though as I will be able to read it all..

Abundant I hope you have a nice weekend too - well done on non-NSD day planning though! How does it feel to be in the new place - who are you sharing with..?

Sholly I was at the mechanics on my birthday getting my bike tires changed.. how sad. Next year I intend to be in the sun somewhere not in London!

BigMummaF - I take it being a full time carer would leave you tired as well? Would you take your Mummy out for a walk or is she housebound..? Hope you are claiming carers allowance / benefits..:)

Thrifty well done on finding an entirely new route. You get to snoop down peoples driveways / Christmas tress as well on the way home..Hope you got something high vis or white on so cars can see you - pedestrians on dark roads scare the living daylights out of me sometimes..:rotfl:

MancMan - you found the first homeless person!!! :T:T:T...and did you hurl everywhere babe?.. Thank you for buying the pooch some food - that is superb! I am so proud of you! Bet the doggie was so happy...ahhh this post made me SMILE!!! :p:p:p

Jamie - how is that essay coming along??

Kerfuffle you think like I do - I know the confession is the most scary post of running a thread like this so thought better of buying chips today..:rotfl:

PurpleJay - I am only going to do an AP order every 2-3 months. I find the snaky things very handy and the tinned fruit and crisps .. I just don't have a lot of room...

SpecialKaye - have you been eating special K with all this exercise.. Well done on your NSD's as well though!!!

Lilt = sumo daughter :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Candy - well done on the overtime...any vouchers today???

Right sorry - I am too excited now. I am off to get changed... WOOOHOOOOO!!!!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.....( to the top of a big hill :T)
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Have a lovely time Kat!
  • Mancman86
    Mancman86 Posts: 104 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    NSK- Yup hurled everywhere. Starting to feel like cough is making a vengeful return just when I thought it was on the way out the door. Work christmas party tonight - they have told us they may surprise us with a treat tonight... maybe they are going to pay for us all, or just hand out P45's.
    Have a good weekend everyone, will be back online on Monday and will tally up NSD etc over the weekend and update.
  • Kerfuffle
    Kerfuffle Posts: 1,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Mancman86 wrote: »
    Need to reassess today...at some point. Havnt been naughty with any cash, this "Mancflu" has caused me to lose the plot somewhat - some say I lost that years ago. Tried the garlic thing Kat, lets just say I had to clean the entire Kitchen with bleach.
    It was -5 for most of the day yesterday, I was in town for a meeting on lunch with a colleague - didnt spend any money on lunch as had sandwiches, however I did feel very sorry for a homeless guy who was shivering as was his small labrador, So I bought him a Greggs Pasty and Coffee (as specified by said homeless guy) and also bought a bottle of water and a poochie pouch full of food from Tesco Metro - total spend £4.90

Hey well done Mancman, going that little bit extra and including the pooch is brilliant :T I hope Santa is taking notes ;)
    BigMummaF wrote: »
    I've only had one spend day so far, & managed to get muvva's usual annual for-the-kitchen calendar from a charity stall set up in MrT's foyer at the same time. In all I guess I gave Dogs for the Deaf around 20% more than I needed to so my charidee bit is covered. Altho not technically as specified as per The Rules, I am prepared to defend any giving against not doing it because it's the wrong day, so there *defiantly pokes out tongue, but runs to hide behind a paperclip to avoid possible fall-out*

Snip
    :T
    Well done BigMummaF
    Snip

Kerfuffle you think like I do - I know the confession is the most scary post of running a thread like this so thought better of buying chips today..:rotfl:

Right sorry - I am too excited now. I am off to get changed... WOOOHOOOOO!!!!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.....( to the top of a big hill :T)

NSK - I know, we're all so scary :rotfl:. Hope you have a fantastic time.
  • Mancman86
    Mancman86 Posts: 104 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Couldnt leave out the pooch with his sad puppy dog eyes :( i just wanted to take the dog home.
  • p0lly
    p0lly Posts: 134 Forumite
    Hello all NSD 5 am feeling in control :D
    Have a lovely time Kat. Mancman what a lovely thing to do. Demonstrates that being careful with the pennies does not make you mean (as my Friend said the other day when I said no to a lunch cos I am trying to save ) Anyway am off to another friend with bottle of fine (ish) wine for a catch up. have a good evening all.
    p0lly popsicle x
    JBFF # 20 NSD 12/25
    Jan Grocery budget £77 /100
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Hi everyone
    Just a quick visit to report another NSD - number 5 now - proud of myself I just hope I can manage 20!!!!!! and had Lo's from the pie I made from LO's yesterday IYKWIM. Worked today and its my weekend working so hopefully it'll be nsd's all the way.
    Jxx
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• Nanny you just hurt my brain with IYKWIM but I think it is if you know what I mean... If you know what I mean ;)

Purplejay... My tesco is surrounded by two all you can eat chinese plus a chinese takeaway, a malaysian & thai restaurant, a mexican, 2 sandwich shops, a pub which serves food with live music & an italian. I am doomed to constantly spend my days walking past these places SNIFFING! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Kat, seriously, if I knew how to post a photo on here you could see the sumotastic thigh's she has got on her. She is midgety small but so SOLID and heavy!!! Love her to bits and pieces! :D

Mancman well done on finding your homeless person. I have been stalking them, but they appear to have stayed at home since the weather is abominable... (I say stayed at home, because the 2 homeless people I see regularly (with dogs for pity of course:mad: - I genuinely feel for the dog) get up off the floor at 6pm sharp, meet up with friends who are a bit alternative but definitely not homeless, & off they go... I'm not convinced! I may just give some stuff to the foodbank in lieu of coffee for rogues.

Kat, have a superspandangling walk!!! I hope it is not expensive for you and you have the best time!!

thrifty - Brilliant news on the bus route change - will be a lot better for you to do in the summer, so I admire you doing it now!!!:T

Today is NSD #6 in this house, and marks the end of my 4 in a row challenge!! Woop :D

Extra proud as met with a usual Costa coffee & ASDA shopping friend, had coffee at mine instead & did not buy a THING (!!!!) in the entire trip around ASDA!:T:T:T:T:T:T

Have a good evening all. My antibiotics are making me feel dreadful so I am just going to lurk a bit and snuggle under my duvet!
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Goodness, I feel like Santa Claus - I've spent the day giving soup, coffee and sandwiches to homeless hungry people sitting outside stations and an underground busker was on the receiving end of a box of cookies. 2 more Christmas presents are sorted and I managed to pick up a cute little dress for myself after an afternoon at the shops.

Siouxsie's lost the plot I hear you say! Not at all, in fact I can declare today NSD number 5 :) Spent the day mystery shopping so not only will all of today's purchases be reimbursed, I also made money on top! I was literally on my feet from 9am til about 20 minutes ago when I got home so I can safely say my 20 minutes exercise for the day is covered too :D

So far I've avoided the DDD lurgy that seems to be going around (although I got sneezed over on the crowded tube so it may not be far off :eek:). Hope you can all take it easy over the weekend and have a bit of a rest with some TLC :grouphug: (Hmm, dodgy looking group hug, designed to make you feel better :D)

If you're reading this while you're away kat, have a FAB time!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure