Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Comments

• Peekaboo all! Kat I really hope you have an excellent time. Gutted about the flask though!

I think I am becoming a bit of a miser.... I put most of my overtime money into the bank today then transferred it to the savings account to just sit there so it doesn't cloud my judgement on my current account. I went out peeking around and found a gorgeous jumper, quite girly, for me & it was £22.99 in New Look... didn't buy though. As OH has said, I need to relax a bit... I threw out 3/4 of my clothes for being ancient and too big for me and have made money on eBay/overtime... but still I cannot bring myself to SPEND! The guilt is too much. I'm sure you would be proud Kat.

Things to report.

-Trip round ASDA with zero spends
    -Coffee dodged by drinking at home
    -Another 2 sales on eBay, however, a cancellation immediately after, as yet again someone bid with less than a minute to go and didn't read the big letters PS3... Still, £7.50 for something worth a max of £4 ;)
    -K&Co catalogue confirmed they have closed my account
    -MBNA took my minimum payment on my card even though it is at zero balance - sooooooooo £25 out of the bank that wasn't necessary. It's coming back on the 19th Dec.
    - Xmas presents left to buy = 2 bottles of wine & 2 vouchers - got a coupon for WH Smiths (when I bought a jiffy bag for eBay sale the other day) ...for £5 off a £20 spend and it INCLUDES vouchers. SO I get £20 vouchers for the kids, for £15 woohoo!! (They do vouchers for all sorts of companies in there too! :))

Parents coming for 2 nights next week & bringing all littlies presents with them for Xmas from my family. Can't wait!!! They have also done some bulk buying for me at their local JTF warehouse, so toilet rolls, cleaning products & laundry stuff catered for for the next few months :D

I think my new debt free date is going to be March 23rd 2013. My best friend gets married on this day, and dressed in my bridesmaids garb I will no doubt bump into my ex, good friend of the groom. I would sorely like to look down my nose at him (slightly ruined by the stupid dress I have to wear) knowing that I am completely debt free without any of the stinking money he owes me & that me & my family are lightyears on from where he is. The satisfaction of that is worth the scrimping for the next 4 months!

Hope you are all well. Sorry to anyone reading my posts on DDD as some bits (ASDA!) cross over ;)

Tata for now!! xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • Siouxsie32 wrote: »
    While the kat's away......:rotfl:

Who's coming out to play???

LMAO!! Not me, I am 'being ahave' as I used to say when I was much smaller :A:A:A:A:A
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    I'm still watching you...

Bah, eyes in the back of your head...just like my parents! Now go and have some fun :D
  • Hi everyone! Wow lots of reading for me to catch up with this thread!

It sounds like everyone is getting on great, Kat sorry to hear about your bike :-(

Ive got a busy day today, lots of housework to catch up on, this place is a tip!! Its so cluttered!! I've been up since 4am, damn kitten!! Im also working tonight 7.30pm-midnight, yawn, so it will be a long day :-(

DS is sitting quietly playing his Nintendo (a treat as its the weekend!) but once DH is up I can make a start on the cleaning and wrapping up the football boots for Ebay, I might even try and get some more listings on today as well. I got a lovely text back from my SIL after I sent her her first payment, she was so grateful, it makes it all worthwhile! xx
    Nov NSD: 8/7 Dec NSD: 1/10
    Sealed pot member #1443 2011: £106. 2012: £171
    Ninjakat challenge: Aim to clear two debts by April 2013
    100 day challenge: No toiletries or magazines 19/100 (3 x fails :()
    Extra payment a week challenge: Total to date: £2355.53
  • Well done on the eBay sales. A bit of cash before Xmas is always a welcomed surprise xx Kat have a lovely walking weekend and enjoy the scenery xx I will have to catch up with other posts when I'm at laptop access it takes ages to write and scroll etc :-) x
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,644
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    ... I spent over £60 on friday.
    :eek:

My sister buys trashy magazines, I read them when they're in front of me but I can't say I miss them.
  • You can't tell us that and not what on!!! What did you get?!?! Should we be mad? :P

How is work going Peatypants? ;)
  • Listerbelle
    Listerbelle Posts: 1,438
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Good luck on your exam lister! Remember, 1sb is only about 0.5p so don't stress out about them tooooooooo much. I see you're doing really well! Would you mind PMing me a list of your survey sites with your favourites highlighted? I want to check out any sites I haven't met yet.

Just got to payout on myview, any opinions on what reward I should claim? (I can copy paste the rewards- a list of 40 different vouchers!- if anyone can't see them).

5.25/3.50

Well done on the myview payout - which reward did you decide on?

The only surveys I do are those on Swagbucks and Ipsos occasionally. I was doing ValuedOpinions, but became disenchanted with them...

I also did Survey Savvy for a while, but they reset their site and lost all my details and it was a nightmare.

My exam is in March. It's a professional exam. I need to pass it before I proceed from the 2nd year in training to the 3rd year in training.
    Your biggest asset is TIME! I'm focused on multi-generational financial freedom.
  • killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,644
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Lilt, you should probably be angry. I spent it on food, taxis and a lot of regret juice.

Lister, which field is your qualification? It sounds like accounting to my untrained ears : )

Just got invited to a £20 three day thingy... : D
  • Listerbelle
    Listerbelle Posts: 1,438
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    It's a medical qualification.
    Your biggest asset is TIME! I'm focused on multi-generational financial freedom.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure