**Make Me Rich This Year eBay or Else!!**

Comments

• mymamma
    mymamma Posts: 72 Forumite
    mavvymoo wrote: »
    Hi have you tried changing the relist price to £1 from the 99p and see if you get that free as if you have used up your 100 @ 99p you should still get any price higher free I think.
    Give it a go and let us know if it works :)
    I've gone back in today to edit postage, and the listing fees have gone, which is excellent!
    Lost 38.5 lb with SW so far, 56LB to go!:A
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Excellent glad its sorted.Good luck with them :)

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• _sleepless_
    _sleepless_ Posts: 345 Forumite
    How is everyone getting on with the free listing weekend?

I have listed 10 new items, but i am really struggling to go back through my 50+ relists and edit the postage. I'm beginning to wonder if they are worth the effort.

Can't seem to find anything to indicate how much the international postage might be? I'm fast losing motivation and very tempted to leave it completly until the proper postage calcuator is up and i can check about international prices.

Does anyone know if there is a weight limit to large letter? I'm wondering for some lighter items of clothing if this might be a better alternative. Not bothering with bubble wrap to ensure they will fit through the slot and putting them in A4 envelopes instead.

Also thinking of offering the 2nd class as a cheaper option, as i do post pretty quick, although i can only see this affecting stars

What's everyone else decided to do? and why oh why did i leave it until today?

sleepless
    *1 A DAY on Ebay*
    Jan 31/31 :D PLUS 24 EXTRA= 55 :dance:
    Feb 29/29 PLUS 21 EXTRA = 50 :)
    March 11/31 PLUS 2 EXTRA = 13 :cool:
    £365 in 366 days = 91/366 :)
  • merrymary
    merrymary Posts: 484 Forumite
    sleepless, I use seajays and don't look at RM postage calculator now. Much easier and it's showing the old and new prices.
    http://www.seajays.org.uk/postage/index.cfm

sending packets that doesn't weigh a lot has an increase of 87p!:eek: 1.33 to 2.20. But only 41p less sending something that weighs 750g :mad:

I haven't managed to list new items yet. Will do it later. I did all my relists last night.
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I am trying a little experiment and listing stuff with post free - lighter items, but I am adding the postage ( new rate) into the starting price. Relists so far about 10 and all have watchers ! Just thought I would try it and see what happens:) Other stuff I am listing with postage
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • sophiasmum
    sophiasmum Posts: 761
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sleepless - I only offer 2nd class as standard and have very good stars, I post usually day after payment. Worth a try?
    Gutted. - our electric was off for 11 hours today so I have failed to do anything :( Just come on and have put up some relists but I had a huge pile I was going to try and get through today. Had a pretty awful day really -amazing how miserable it is with no electicity in horrible weather, children were very considering!
    So Im not doing anything else tonight - I have enough to do with washing/drying school uniform etc!
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    My 10 items finished today all sold and a grand total of £159.09 after fees :T Was so pleased with that much more than expected and all on a 99p start.
    Not bad for odds and ends hanging around from my old spending life before MSE.

Hope everyone has done as well :)

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• Yorkielass
    Yorkielass Posts: 2,235
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    5 relists and 25 new items listed yesterday, took a while working out new postage but I'm pleased I got them all done, 3 with bids already.

Mavvymoo that's a fantastic total well done!
    Initial Mortgage January 2024 - £160,000
    Initial Mortgage free date - January 2058
    Mortgage as of 1st February 2024 - £159,134.98
    Overpayments to date - £79.62
    Current Mortgage free date - January 2058
  • Becks81
    Becks81 Posts: 426 Forumite
    Well I've remembered why I gave up on ebaying the last time :mad:

I'm a stupid moo and forgot about the postal charges going up today. I've posted out 6 items today and made a loss on each and every one of them. I'm so angry with myself. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I still have 5 items that I'm waiting payment on but I've already calculated I will lose out on at least 3 of them. :(

I think I will be sending things out normal post, but I can bet because its the first time I'm doing it I will get an INR.
  • fairyclicks
    fairyclicks Posts: 3,884
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    slipper75 wrote: »
    Listerbelle - thanks so much for the notification. Unfortunately, I'll be away the whole week of the 7th and so can't list anything as I won't get to mailing before the following week. Will just have to wait for the next one.

Fairyclicks - Sounds like you've had a horrible time with Ebayers not receiving your items :( I always send items that are over £10 by recorded 2nd class delivery as I wouldn't want to deal with refunds for any more than that. Were you able to claim back the money from the post office as you had proof of delivery?

Congrats on everyone else getting through their clutter and posting. I'm hoping to get my Ebay mojo back soon!

Unfortunately i was unable to claim from the post office as the items were sent internationally :( To be honest it wiped out the majority of money i made over Christmas in one fowl swoop :(

Anyway, i have made another few sales over the weekend :) things are ticking along slowly but surely and i am just glad to be clearing out the house :D I sorted out the garage yesterday and have lots of boxes of selling stuff out there too but am hoping to take them to car boot and move lots all at once :D

Good luck with all your listings everyone xxx
    Debt at Aug 2010 (LBM) £21,908.86, Debt Freeeeee Date 4th Nov 2013 :j:j:j Massive Thanks to the £10 per day thread :A Next goals:
    Savings £1203.16/£10,000******Mortgage to Zero: £52,579.46 to go
    Feb Earnings: £711.20/£500 March: £434.41/£500
    Currently compiling an A-Z of earning sites and happy to share it ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure