Is Pixmania any good?? to by from

Hi there

looking to buy from these guys, the Yamaha sound projector and wanted to know if they are any good to buy from.

Comments

• rick_x
    rick_x Posts: 67 Forumite
    No, No, No, No, No! Search the forums, they're a nightmare. From my own experience we received a broken item and it took 3 months and the threat of legal action to get our money back. Order at your own risk!
  • downshifter98
    downshifter98 Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I ordered from them a month ago - after the purchase they emailed to say that as a 'security check' I would have to send or email a bank statement or utility bill!! Until this was done my order would be on hold!! When I explained that the item was fairly urgent and it would take too long to post off proof of address they advised that I scan and send the details by email! I explained that this was not a secure way of passing around private info! I requested a refund and explained that I'd never been asked for such info before in years of online buying - the refund came through 3 weeks later but only after I had to ring to hassle them for it - I would recommend avoidance.

downshifter98
  • I had no problems, personally. And when the item broke I got a replacement. But if there are a large number of bad experiences then it might be safer to look elsewhere.
  • tlck9
    tlck9 Posts: 320 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks everyone so far...I'm getting the general idea that a number of people have had bad experience,

any thoughts on Digital Direct or Sound & Vision (look like they are the same company, (by their Registration number)

Although only sound & vision say they are VBA t/a Sound and vision, digital direct only state they are digital direct
  • Sultan3
    Sultan3 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Unwanted or damaged items have to be sent back to some place in France. Takes a while for any refund.
  • best one i have used is snapfish and there are always codes on here for them and kodak is a good one please use codes though check the codes bit you normally get about 20-60 photos if u use code
    :confused:
  • mk-donald
    mk-donald Posts: 750 Forumite
    I hope you realise their parent company is DSG international plc - ie the owner of those so respected UK brands: Dixons, Currys & PC World.

See the E-Commerce section of 'Our Brands' on the http://www.dsgiplc.com website : "Pixmania is already a market leading e-tailer of consumer electronic goods in France, Italy, Spain and Portugal, and the business is growing strongly in all countries in which it has a presence.
    In 2006, DSG international acquired a controlling 77% stake in its parent company, Fotovista."

Enough said I'd have thought!
  • ellybelly89
    ellybelly89 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    dont bother. they ignored all our emails after taking payment for our camera.

jessops wont price amtch with them and they say avoid them like the plague.
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    mk-donald wrote: »
    I hope you realise their parent company is DSG international plc - ie the owner of those so respected UK brands: Dixons, Currys & PC World.

Indeed, enough to put most sensible people off.;)
  • Mabbs_2
    Mabbs_2 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Be very careful with them. I had a faulty camera from them last Christmas and it took until April to finally get a refund. Absolute nightmare. They do a VIP card I believe where you get much better service if you have any problems but it costs and hardly seem right to me. It's a shame because their prices are good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure