mobiles.co.uk GRRRRR

Options

Comments

• manda2725
    Options
    I took out a contract with carfone warehouse stating I would get a cheque for cashback for my line rental as my gift worth over £150.00. Little did I know however that it would not be as easy as that. I was then told after taking out the contract that I would have to send in phone bills in on certain months of the year and I would get it back in bits. The first bill I sent recorded delivery. Suprise suprise apparantly it did not arrive!! So I sent another but suprise suprise apparantly it arrived to late. That month I lost out on roughly £50.00. This time I thought ill send it through email and early. So I waited for May to come around and did just that, twice. Its been nearly two months now and no cashback. They no longer answer my emails and the ones they have answered they just fob me off with ''we are processing your claim''. Everytime I call them the office is closed. I tried complaining to Carfone warehouse and all I get is ''They are a sister company its nothing to do with us''. As far as im concerned its absolutely discraceful that they trick people into contracts like this and I will definately not be recommending mobiles.co.uk to anyone.....ever!:mad:
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Well, you didn't study the deal before you took it out. Now, provided you can prove that 1) you sent the correct bill and 2) they received it at the correct time send a LBA and if they don't pay up sue. It's the only language cpw companies understand when they decide to stuff a particular customer at any given time. All the telephone calls, emails and letters are highly likely to fall on ears which are deaf but pleased to know you aren't actually forcing them to pay up.
  • Old_Gold
    Old_Gold Posts: 908 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there,

Not sure if this has been resolved but please return the goods ASAP as hanging onto them is absolutely not the correct thing to do where there is a contract live on the handset. Of course postage will be refunded. Apologies but we are not able to arrange a courier collection at the moment as this service was withdrawn by DHL recently.

Sorry that your experience wasn't great but we can sort this out ASAP.

Regards,
    I would check your facts before you start making what could be incorrect facts for unless the law has changed the onus is on your company to collect not on the recipient to send if you have made the mistake. I think this is borne out by the later comment re the lawyers advice and the action taken.
  • Old_Gold
    Old_Gold Posts: 908 Forumite
    Options
    MS599, please bear in mind this is a complaint site so you won't see very much of anything else :D

Regards,
    Wrong again. I really would give up if I were you as do not seem to be doing your company any favours.
  • jacks993
    jacks993 Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    I sent my first cashback claim (emailed via their site) on 11 July and promptly received an email confirming receipt and saying it will take up to 7days to approve my claim. Since then nothing!! I've emailed again asking if my claim has been approved but I'm guessing that if I have misunderstood their terms they will delay responding until it's too late to send the correct bill! It's a shame because i've never had a problem with cashback deals before.
    Has anyone got any phone numbers that actually work for this company?
    Thanks
  • bingy_burge
    bingy_burge Posts: 618 Forumite
    Options
    mobiles.co.uk where alright with me but the dell i got free is sub standard under spec'ed rubish!! Nothing like dell kit i have b4.
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    Old_Gold wrote: »
    Wrong again. I really would give up if I were you as do not seem to be doing your company any favours.

You're out of date. He did - a long time back. According to some, I and a few others who saw through his posts "hounded" him off - whereas in fact all we were doing was warning people of what they are like at a time when some people were offering them some comfort and giving them "the benefit of the doubt" (there never was any as far as I could see!).
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    jacks993 wrote: »
    I sent my first cashback claim (emailed via their site) on 11 July and promptly received an email confirming receipt and saying it will take up to 7days to approve my claim. Since then nothing!! I've emailed again asking if my claim has been approved but I'm guessing that if I have misunderstood their terms they will delay responding until it's too late to send the correct bill! It's a shame because i've never had a problem with cashback deals before.
    Has anyone got any phone numbers that actually work for this company?
    Thanks

I strongly recommend you read carefully the email they sent. I also suggest you resend it by post (recorded delivery at least) unless said email clearly states that they have received your claim at that point and does not state that claims sent that way won't be dealt with. Then you can rest easy and sue if they decide to play games with you, rather than waste time attemtping to communicate with the living dead!
  • jacks993
    jacks993 Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    This is the email they sent me:

Your order xxxxxxx with Mobiles.co.uk
    InboxX

Reply |NO REPLY to me
    show details 11 Jul (12 days ago)
    Please do not reply to this email.
    Dear Customer,
    This is to confirm your claim for your line rental has been received and is currently with the cashback team. Please allow up to 7 days for us to approve your claim.
    If you have changed your address please ensure you e-mail us with the correct details so any cheques raised are not sent out incorrectly.

I'd just like confirmation that I have met all the T&Cs. Fairly sure I have but if I haven't I want to be able to send the other bills as well. Actually I think I will email the one before and the one after and send it by recorded that way they shouldn't be able to argue with me!!
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    jacks993 wrote: »
    I'd just like confirmation that I have met all the T&Cs. Fairly sure I have but if I haven't I want to be able to send the other bills as well. Actually I think I will email the one before and the one after and send it by recorded that way they shouldn't be able to argue with me!!
    Hi Jacks,
    I'm sure if you ask MJ nicely and give him the dates of contract etc he will be able to advise which bill should have been sent etc ;)
    It's not just about the money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport