PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2009 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• managed an NSD yesterday and we had a belated meal out as we didnt go at the weekend so DH paid for that:T .

hoping to get some baking done later but that will mean i need to buy eggs so ill check the funds for the week before i decide if thats a go or a no;)
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Small spend yesterday just £3.75 will need milk possible Friday or if can hang on main shop Saturday I have £50.75 left so fingers crossed.:p
    Save £4500 in 2014
  • Well done you - and no wonder you are pleased with yourself!
    Just given me a wake up call though- there are only 2 of us and no hamster (!) and I spend much more than your usual £80, so there's a challenge for me!
  • Barneysmom
    Barneysmom Posts: 10,123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well done to op, what an achievement!

I love Cornflakes and have them for supper - or porridge.
  • Just a little line to say I somewhat overspent on my budget at the weekend - spent around £30 when I intended to spend no more than £15. Still well within the budget for the minute - have spent £83.39 in total out of £120 budget. I think for once I might come in reasonably well under. And the cupboards are groaning!

Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • Well done. No wonder you're chuffed.
    GC 2011 Feb £626.89/£450 NSD3/7 March £531.26/£450 April £495.99/£500 NSD 0/7 May £502.79/£500
    June £511.99/£480 July £311.56/£480
  • I bought milk and bread. With half-term and 4 boys at home, we keep running out. The boys are having friends round for dinner. I will give them fishfingers and salad. I have defrosted bolognaise sauce for OH and I. Tomorrow, I will need to go to the butcher. My freezer is nearly empty which means I have plenty space for my shopping on Friday. I reckon I will be about £50 over but I am happy with that since it was my first month and I needed to find my feet. I need to bake some fairy cakes this afternoon. I think I will make double and freeze some. The novelty of all this baking is wearing off but Iwill persevere.
    GC 2011 Feb £626.89/£450 NSD3/7 March £531.26/£450 April £495.99/£500 NSD 0/7 May £502.79/£500
    June £511.99/£480 July £311.56/£480
  • Well done Silaqui :T That is fabulous!

Can you tell me what type of things you plan for tea etc? I desperately need to cut down on the grocery budget and despite meal planning, haven't gotten it down to £80 per month.
    Take the first step.
    Even if you cannot see the whole staircase,
    Just take the first step.
    ~MLK, Jr~
  • Well done that's brilliant keep the good work up.
    Best wishes
    ally
    Official DMP Mutual Support Club Member No 30
  • Silaqui wrote: »
    I have only spend £54 this month on groceries and household stuff :T . There are 2 of us and a hamster :p and my usual is around £80 per month. It's not yet the end of February but according to my meal plans we have everything we need so no need to go shopping again.
    Just really pleased with myself, sorry for the self-congratulatory thread!
    X

Well done - I'll add this to the Grocery Challenge thread where people try to keep to grocery budgets they can afford.

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family