www.topupnow.co.uk

Comments

• Does anyone know how long you are connected for on the 0p/min line before it automatically disconnects? For example, Voipbuster allows one hour calls before a disconnection
  • Out of interest can any user of the service tell us how you can check your balance please.It says in the Q&A section you have to ring the premium number but surely this will just top your phone up again,with another £1.50p credit.
    PF.
  • Users watch out for price increases!!!

Phillipines was 1p a minute now 9p a min.

Anybody else spotted any?
    PF.
  • onzey
    onzey Posts: 830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm thinking of giving topupnow a go for USA calls mainly. I have normal BT line and TalkTalk.

Just to be sure, once I've done my £1.50 top up will the 0808 number work ok via TalkTalk or do I need to 1280 back to BT?
  • onzey wrote:
    I'm thinking of giving topupnow a go for USA calls mainly. I have normal BT line and TalkTalk.

Just to be sure, once I've done my £1.50 top up will the 0808 number work ok via TalkTalk or do I need to 1280 back to BT?

No need to dial 1280,it should work if you dial it direct.
    PF.
  • Another sneaky increase South Africa is no longer free,now 1p a min, see drop down tariff list.Despite the fact the home page says it is.
    PF.
  • Bu$$er, I was enjoing my 'free' calls (5p a call technically) :( Still looks like it's the cheapest though for non BT customers at 5p connection + 1p per minute?
    Even though a 1 hour call will now cost me 65p instead of 5p (12 times more!)
    Thanks for the update.
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • villaneme
    villaneme Posts: 45 Forumite
    I'm a bit confused by this thread.
    For the ones that are already using topupnow:

1) What sort of problems are you finding with the service? (if any)
    2) Are they a serious company? Some people are reporting that prices start increasing after you top-up. Is this frequent?
    3) Finally, do you recommend the service?

For the country I call most of the time, it's only 5p connection (and 0p/min). Today, I pay 1p/min (using another company); which means that if the call lasts for more than 5min, topupnow is the cheapest by miles.
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    villaneme wrote:
    I'm a bit confused by this thread.
    For the ones that are already using topupnow:

1) What sort of problems are you finding with the service? (if any)
    2) Are they a serious company? Some people are reporting that prices start increasing after you top-up. Is this frequent?
    3) Finally, do you recommend the service?

For the country I call most of the time, it's only 5p connection (and 0p/min). Today, I pay 1p/min (using another company); which means that if the call lasts for more than 5min, topupnow is the cheapest by miles.

1.None it works fine.
    2.Yes they are part of 1899/18866 family.(prices have only normally gone up when they have ceased free call offer to a destination).
    3.Yes it works,its cheap,and you can try it out for £1.50p ;)
    PF.
  • I did get cut off once after about 45 minutes (and had to redial so got charged connection fee), no big problem (only 5p). So far I have had really good clear lines too (have had very poor lines with some other providers) - as you say for £1.50 you can't really go wrong unless/until the price goes up.

They need to update the info on their homepage though as they are still listing countries as 0p/min when this is no longer the case.
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business