Comments

• JUNIOR72, the address we received the letter from is

ECRED21c
    PO BOX 107,
    ROSS-ON-WYE,
    HEREFORDSHIRE,
    HR9 9YP.

09066 659817

Is this just another address or do u think it's the same company?
  • catz747
    catz747 Posts: 20,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    How many newbies on the 1 thread lol! Maybe the scammers are targeting new compers especially :eek:

You all invested in a shredder right? ...... right?

:D
  • pippitypip_2
    pippitypip_2 Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    catz747 wrote: »
    How many newbies on the 1 thread lol! Maybe the scammers are targeting new compers especially :eek:

You all invested in a shredder right? ...... right?

:D

Brilliant! :D

pippitypip
    I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok - they know me here! :D
  • DancerKaz
    DancerKaz Posts: 1,191 Forumite
    Hey!!! I got one too and fairly new to comping so, naturally, thought I would investigate on here and of course all you experts have had this rubbish before - so thank you so much for continuing to let us newbies know of these pitfalls!!!

Oh and I had the same code, of course :~
    2010 Total £6,094 2011 Total £4,542 2012 Total £1,845 2013 Total £2,274
    2014 Calendar £10 Amazon £8 Grolsch Dreamboats&Petticoats Tkts Liverpool Tkts Pizza VIP Airport Liz Earle Products Madhur Jaffrey's 80th BirthdayManicure set Lip BalmDog FoodFestival of Speed TktsCockney Rebel TktsJury's Inn StayErasure TktsShrek Tkts£1,000!!!

• leejen69 wrote: »
    JUNIOR72, the address we received the letter from is

ECRED21c
    PO BOX 107,
    ROSS-ON-WYE,
    HEREFORDSHIRE,
    HR9 9YP.

09066 659817

Is this just another address or do u think it's the same company?

From what I can gather, the company has a few trading names but the letters are all the same and all the businesses are located in Ross-on-Wye, so what do you think?

Definitely the same company.

And why invest in a shredder when you get a bit of exercise and a lot of joy from doing it yourself!
  • sda wrote: »
    Is this a scam?Anybody got this letter ?It asks me to call a premium number to claim my prize with a code.I dont enter that many comps also.Pls help.

Hi this is a scam, I got the same letter today told me ring quickly and to quote allocation code 603498, which is the same code they send everyone as if I would be mad enough to spend £1.50 a minute, at 6 minutes to claim

Dont even bother sending a SAE as all you will get is a flimsy digital camera not worth even a one pound and they want you to send £6.50 to receive it!, all the other prizes DO NOT exist. A legit prize letter would not ask you to ring premium rate numbers to claim prizes and money to receive prizes.
  • Hi this is a scam, I got the same letter today told me ring quickly and to quote allocation code 603498, which is the same code they send everyone as if I would be mad enough to spend £1.50 a minute, at 6 minutes to claim

Dont even bother sending a SAE as all you will get is a flimsy digital camera not worth even a one pound and they want you to send £6.50 to receive it!, all the other prizes DO NOT exist. A legit prize letter would not ask you to ring premium rate numbers to claim prizes and money to receive prizes.
  • Lets take a visit and kick their heads in.
    2012 Wins - Mi box set, Carton of OJ, Bag of ReadySalted Crisps. :j
  • Hi all,

My wife received a letter today with Alocation Code 603498!

Glad I Googled and stumbled here first. Thanks all for sharing the information.

Does drive me mad that these companies get away with this.

I checked out the M & D website. If I hadn't found the comments here, the amatuerish website gives it away. Honestly, I think primary school kids could do better!

Thanks again.
  • Global_D
    Global_D Posts: 54 Forumite
    This is an easy one.

If everyone was to write.. "Return to sender" and put the junk mail (whatever) it was back in a post box, then the compnay would have to pay Royal Mail a hefty return delivery charge. Yes... they do get charged! So don't rip it up, just send it back! Don't worry if you've opened the mail, just tape it back up and send it back like that.

I did this with all my unwanted junk scam mail! Strangely enough I don't get much these days!!!
    2011 - unsecured debt free :j
    2036 - mortgage free :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family