Help ! My washing machine is putting holes in my clothes

Options
2»

Comments

• Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could very well be a bra wire or even a screw or nail which has come out of a pocket.

Good advice too about cramming too much laundry in!! If people READ their book properly it will tell them the dry weight on which it is designed to wash well. DH has been to machines where there has been twice and even 3 times the amount of washing that there should be.

Most are never pleased when they have to pay for their own stupidity either. :o We all expect guarantees to be honoured but we have to play our part as well and use the appliance as per the instruction book.

WHY do people CRAM so much stuff in? It damages their machine, costs them money and the washing is still dirty. What IS the point?:rolleyes:
  • iwilldoitthistime
    Options
    Hi

I have had (and still have) this problem with my hotpoint. Ive had them out 6 times so far and theyve replaced virtually everything inside the machine.

The engineer confirmed that it is usually when the load is spinning at fast speed, the drum parts and catches material (sometimes). they replaced my last drum a month ago but I found something torn in a load I did yesterday, so I will have to get them out again. The engineer also said you should always be able to put your hand in the machine at the top of your clothes and be able to turn your hand vetically in the gap. This tells you that you havent overfilled the machine. Not that its helped me!
    Sealed Pot no 2011 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport