The best student mobile phone deals?

Comments

• jenny_f
    jenny_f Posts: 905 Forumite
    Best student deal I found was with Orange they do it for both pay month and pay as you go. I'm on the pay monthly one standard features on this are 1000 free texts and then once you use your minutes you get 50% off calls to landlines! I've found it's quite good.
  • yeh, i was ringing around to day, i didn't get offered anything apart standard sudent tariffs, i only wanna spend £20 or less as i can call home using the pc.
    Three do 100min and 1000tx but orange wouldn't match it.....grrrrrrrr
  • jenny_f
    on orange i pay £19 and get 60 anyone anytime mins and 1000 txts. Depends how much u call and if u can call land lines after ur minutes are used up
  • yeh, thats true but i told them i wanted a k750i or w800i as then i don't have to buy a seperate digital camera as 2 megapixel is good enough.

Might go to the 60 + 1000tx deal and see what phones they do offer ( considering my dad is also on orange)

One time i rang orange though today (afternoon), they told me that student tariffs start from £25, but they told my dad they start from £19 (this morning).

Whats going on!
  • jenny_f
    there is a £25 where you get the same amount of text but you get 120 minutes and a choice of more phones.
  • yeh i know, but i can't spend more than £20 a month!
  • Vodafone do some tariffs with unlimited text - plus you get stop the clock so if you send a lot of texts and chat off peak it works out really cheap

Good selection of phones too
  • The vodafone is definatley worth a look. £25 a month gets you 125 anytime, anynetwork minutes, stop the clock (only pay for the first three minutes of an off peak call - up to an hour on any network) and unlimited free text and picture messages.....sound like a bargain to me!

Yes it is an 18 month contract, but the longer the contract the longer you get free messages!

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/students
  • smcicr
    smcicr Posts: 365 Forumite
    Just as a thought - if you already have a family member on Orange does their Family deal work for you (details here: http://www.orange.co.uk/service_plans/paymonthly/family_overview.html) maybe you can get a pay monthly tariff with less minutes than normal (ie: cheaper) and use the 50% free to bulk it up a bit or even go onto a pay as you go for the extra texts - only 50 per month but I don't know what you'd need...
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." (Mark Twain)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure