Making money as a web-based researcher... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

Comments

• Treakil
    Treakil Posts: 13 Forumite
    I just tried the texperts test and failed, but when I have more time I will try, try again! If you just got 100% I guess you will do well with texperts and earn loads. Good luck.
  • Hi
    HAs anyone managed to get through this test? I don't know if it is having some sort of off night, but the results do not add up on mine.
  • I have taken the test several times now, and it is incredibly difficult to pass.
    I had 100% on most elements, and then got absolutely impossible questions on the Research bit, and failed just that one segment, FAIL.
    I really don't know how to pass this, it seems to adapt the next segment to your score so far.

I'll keep trying though!
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    I've passed it, I am waiting for a start date.

I think the key with the research questions is to take your time x
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,164 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I'm struggling with it.

I get 100% on all the sections apart from research which I always fail at 67% :confused:

I use the time allowed wisely and double check the answers are right on different websites, so I don't understand what I am doing wrong.
    Here I go again on my own....
  • 24ctu_2
    24ctu_2 Posts: 76 Forumite
    I think the research questions might be a bit hit-and-miss. It might take a few attempts at the test. I managed to answer all mine using wikipedia. As for the final, written question, I'm pretty sure it's intended to be unanswerable. I think it's just to see how witty your response would be.
  • I got 100% on research most times, apart from the one where I had 100% on everything else!! I am sure that my research was correct as I found all the answers on google.
    I am beginning to wonder as I had some glitches - time came up at -1 right at the start & got the same question 2ce in the same test! I have also got some very odd percentage scores.

How much does it pay is it worth persevering?
  • I've failed it many times already aswell, it's rock hard doing the general knowledge. I think I'll get a friend to sit with me and help me out one day.
  • Hi ya what is texpert do you earn money from it?
  • go to

http://www.texperts.com/opportunities/

If you can pass the test you can become a 'Texpert and answer people's texted questions via your computer. And yes....you get paid for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure