Aldi Overlocker....

I bought an overlocker from aldi in march, it now has a high pitched squeak which doesnt go even when oiling. Iv been to the store and they said they would swap it tomorrow morning if i bring it and the reciept down. Now, the overlocker has been reduced to £79.99 from £119.99. Am i entitled to demand the money back? As, if I was returning it i would get a full refund. The man i spoke to is going to ask his boss for me but id just like to know if anyone knows my rights. The spare money would really come in handy right now... Thanks very much, Kat x
:D If you dont ask, you dont get:A

Comments

• Canny_Cav
    Canny_Cav Posts: 24 Forumite
    I think aldi's returns policy is usually pretty fair and non-quibble. What is to stop you returning the item for a full refund and buying another at the reduced price? Seems a bit cheeky but the one you have appears to have a fault so you are within your rights to have a refund.
  • silkkat50
    silkkat50 Posts: 232 Forumite
    It is a sewing machine that cuts as you type of thing, good guess :D Im very happy, i took it back and got a new one, and got the £40 difference in price back in cash! As it turns out the new one was broken and so were the two in the shop so i just asked for my old one back as it only has a squeak and i can put up with that as long i have a working one! So, same overlocker, £40 cash back!! Im not moaning!!!!
    :D If you dont ask, you dont get:A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport