PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

cleaning white plastic garden chairs

Comments

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi lavidaloca,

We have a recent thread that may help too so I've added your thread to it to keep all the suggestions together.

It may also be worth a look at these older threads:

Cleaning a plastic patio table?????

Cleaning plastic furniture?

and this recent one on the Greenfingered board: Great tip for cleaning garden furniture!

Pink
  • Jayar
    Jayar Posts: 735 Forumite
    lil_me wrote: »
    I remember a post recommending those eraser type sponges for it (Flash do them but £1 shops etc have cheaper versions) .

Yep, I can't remember who suggested this either, but I tried it and they work brilliantly.
    A friend is someone who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.
  • o0o0o i had the same problem a few weeks ago i even borrowed my friends jet wash an it didnt work

i resigned to paint spray

i am now the proud owner or a red plastic patio set

oh an i got the spray on the half price shelf in wilkies

good luck
  • davioberon
    davioberon Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 28 November 2009 at 5:48PM
    Hi, I've tried most of the recommended suggestions. A couple work, sort of, but are very labour intensive. I then tried an electric drill with a disk attachment to which I fitted a soft abrasive disk. This worked perfectly, did not damage the plastic in any way and only took me about 20 minutes. The particular item now looks like new, however, I could have saved myself a lot of time and effort by simply purchasing a replacement item. Thanks for the ideas anyway.
  • 666paw
    666paw Posts: 332 Forumite
    Hi everyone, I hope you may be able to help me.

I have as you can tell from the title a white plastic table and 4 chairs which have been kept outside with no cover and are now very dirty. Do any of you have a old style cleaning method in an attempt to get them clean?

I have tried sopa & water, vinegar but all to no avail. I am trying to use more eco products but will resort to others if there is nothing.

Looking forward to hearing fro you all.

P.
    MFI3 T3 # 75
  • jackieglasgow
    jackieglasgow Posts: 9,436 Forumite
    Good old fashioned Cif will do the job nicely. I always have some on the go, although abottle lasts me a year or two, the one I have, I have had since I moved here, February 2009!
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I have to admit OH gets the pressure washer out, they get one blast then a scrub with stardrops, then a second blast.
    I know not everyone has a pressure washer, but if you know someone who does its worth a borrow. Oh does the patio with it as well.

ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    snap..we use stardrops and the presssure washer...it comes up well
    onwards and upwards
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I'd go for the cream cleaner and a plastic scourer (careful not to scratch the plastic ;) ). There are more ideas in this thread; I'll add this to that later to keep ideas together.
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Butterfly_Brain Posts: 8,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Post of the Month
    Kitchen stardrops and a good scrub with a microfibre cloth
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories