Ideas for an Avon party

2»

Comments

• xbecca18x
    xbecca18x Posts: 18 Forumite
    Thats ok.
    Thats sounds great if you could, thanks a lot for all your help, i think i know where im heading now and what to do, hopefully i have some people now wanting to host!!
    Thanks again :)
  • gingernights
    gingernights Posts: 231 Forumite
    did anyone do the make up traing with avon years ago?
    i did and really enjoyed it, i'm not sure if they still run these events.

if you was to do a party what i would do is get stuff from 'while stocks last' pages at the back of hello tomorrow mag plus some of the new stuff in HT.

I'd also look in the brochures for special offers say but 2 anew products for £8 for £3 for £5 ect
    you could sell at full price and bump up your commision a bit.

if the items dont sell you can always send them back
    for credit there shouldn't be deleys with your next order if you do this, or stick them on ebay or ebid.

good luck with your party
  • xbecca18x
    xbecca18x Posts: 18 Forumite
    Hi gingernights
    Havent heard about any training so either they dont do it anymore or i havent been told about it.
    Yes thats my plan, have spent a fortune this month on products from the brochure and hello tomorrow, hope my parties will be successful otherwise my box will be full with returns lol

Btw, have you ever heard about an Avon shop (only for rep's) as my area manager told me about it last year when i startd but has never mentioned it again, and when i asked as part of my email she didnt respond back regarding it. You think it was just a way of signing me up? lol
  • I know this is an old post but I am thinking of doing avon parties does anyone still do them and have any ideas of games etc.

Also what discount should I offer the host
    Sealed pot challenge 1875
  • luce181
    luce181 Posts: 408 Forumite
    I used to do Virgin Vie parties, one game we played was called the handbag game:

All the guests put their handbags on their laps, you then shout out random letters of the alphabet and the guests have to find something in their bag beinning with that letter.
    The first to hold their correct item up gets a point. The winner is the one with the most points, I used to give a bar of choc or a sample product to the winner :)

Hope this helps
    Lucy
    Addicted to MSE, I can't resist a bargain ;)
  • laura16_2
    laura16_2 Posts: 625 Forumite
    Thanks I'll use that one.
  • shegirl
    shegirl Posts: 10,107 Forumite
    Just a tip ladies,if you are planning on giving any form of treatment and holding these parties don't do it without talking to whoever is above you.

First off you have no training in it.People will probably think you do otherwise they likely wouldn't bother let alone pay for it!It also means you may be no good and could make Avon look bad.

Secondly,and very importantly,you need liability insurance to do it.

Unless you have any form of training (even Vie give their consultants a certain amount of training) and liability insurance you shouldn't be doing customers make up or parties like that....imagine someone coming out with a reaction or you doing something to damage their house!
    If women are birds and freedom is flight are trapped women Dodos?
  • laura16_2
    thats why i'm just offering manicures an for other types of parties im just letting guests have a play with the products.

i'm a nail tech so i have insurance for manicures

thanks though
  • sophisoph
    sophisoph Posts: 427 Forumite
    I did my first party recently, not many people turned up even though they said they would (grr) so invite more than you want and expect some to 'forget'.

I had a few cups with breadsticks and some with matchmakers along with a few bottles of rose....hand out the glasses and let the wine flow

Maybe you could start by getting them to all introduce themselves or make it into a game by asking them to make a sentence from their names ie Animals Never Need Answers (ANNA) I didnt do that but its an idea...

First i played the left right game where all the guests sit in a circle and you hand one (or two) a wrapped pize. you read a paragraph about the party and avon. in it are extra lefts and rights added. eg 'if you LEFT home with the intention of buying for someone special you would be RIGHT to think that, so ill get RIGHT to the point ensuring nothing is LEFT out....' the prize is passed left or right when you say the word. the winner is the one holding the prize...RIGHT? lol....it makes them listen to what you are saying too.

then i handed out books, pens and order forms and did a makeover on my friend. Ive been doing avon for nearly a year and she always buys from me so had a full makeup bag of avon stuff to use on her. as i did her makeup i told everyone what it was, page number and price along with tips on how to use it.

(ALOT of the orders i got were for products i showed them)

I told them i wasnt a makeup artist but i could try and show them how to get great looks from avon products.

Then (had there been more people/less children) I planned to play the chair game. This is where everyone is sat on chairs in a circle and you read through a list of things. ie if you have blonde hair...if you have purchased an avon product before.... Those who HAVE move one seat to their left, those who havent stay still. the winner is the person who gets to their original seat first and shouts AVON. Its a fun game as you can end up with 3 people + on each others laps. Make sure you have a list long enough to keep going and it doesnt have to all be avon related. I threw in some 'if you know who killed archie mitchell' ones too

After that i went through the booked and explained about all the different ranges (printed from the training-product guides on my avon account) As i went through i showed one or two products i had and let them smell them etc. again alot of the ones they played with were the ones i got orders for.
    Have some paper to spray perfumes on etc.

I had a bargain box with items i have gained through the avon bumper boxes/creative ordering etc to sell on for £2 each (or whatever depending on what youve got but make sure its cheaper than the book they are looking at)

Finally i (would have) had a snatch raffle. I sold tickets for 50p each or £2 a strip, put a few wrapped prizes in the middle and called out the numbers one by one. The first person called picks their prize, then you pick another and they choose a prize....then you carry on. The person with the ticket gets to take the prize off the original winner and it goes on and on, usually the prize is swapped back and forth a few times. The REAL winner(s) is the last ticket(s) called. sometimes the winner ends up with both prizes. (quite an evil..but fun game and they dont even know what theyre fighting for until they unwrap it)

After that I asked if there were any questions, any specific products they wanted to see and basically had a good chat.

Everyone left with a goodie bag: A small paper avon bag with 3 of my flyers to pass on to 3 people they knew (as im a sales leader now...promotion etc lol), a perfume and lipstick sample and their avon book.

DONT BLATANTLY COUNT UP ORDERS WHILE THEY ARE THERE...ITS JUST PLAIN RUDE LOL. By all means offer to go through any orders with them to help them and make sure its right etc.

Of about 16 people invited 5 turned up and i dragged another from my street an hour beforehand making 6. I made £105 from orders alone, as i said most of which were products i showed them. AND thats 6 people that dont usually order from me.

I have tried before but i must have crap friends lol so i would rather do it for a customer (like anne summers) rather than in my own home. From my experience it was too much pressure to be a hostess, panic about the number of people AND throw a party for them. especially when they bring kids who kick a ball and knock the glass of rose onto the cream carpet and then all stop and look at me lol. AT least if its someone elses party and someone elses house you dont have to worry about spillages ha ha

I think thats about it

HOPE THAT HELPS xxx
    camp 12=£443 13=£425 14=£277 15=£474 16=£492 17=£438 18=£437 1=£319 2=£153:o 3=£220 :jSALES LEADER:j4=£202 5=£191 6=£167 7=£193 8=£216 9=£211

sealed pot challenge no:824
    dooyoo £20 = SMASHED!
  • laura16_2
    Wow thats brilliant help thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income