Current 95% First Time Buyer Mortgages

Comments

• adamzetec
    adamzetec Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    spectre wrote: »
    just for reference, Natwest do a 5.49% fixed for 5years or 5.29% fixed for FTB`s with 85%LTV

This rate doesn't exist. I have just called Natwest and the deals on their website are currently upto date.

Where did you get this information from?
  • Hadrian
    Hadrian Posts: 283 Forumite
    If the banks and BS's have learnt anything it's that 100% or more mortgages are what got us in this critical financial state that we now find ourselves in. Statistically the higher loan to value mortgages the greater the chance of the recipient defaulting on the loan. The only way to regain some sanity in the housing market is for to keep deposits at least at 10% and some rigid form of investigation into the applicants financial standing. If that sounds hard then it's what used to be the case pre the 1980's. It is generally believed that the relaxation of these 'rules' was the major cause of the crisis we will have to shoulder for the next decade. so...save every penny for the deposit and wait until house prices bottom in a couple of years. My opinion, for what it's worth, is that the majority of houses are at least 10/15% overvalued.
  • spectre
    spectre Posts: 138 Forumite
    adamzetec wrote: »
    This rate doesn't exist. I have just called Natwest and the deals on their website are currently upto date.

Where did you get this information from?

its written on my agreement paper, 5yr fix 5.49% till 290614 85% LTV.

Call the mortgage line i got this rate on Wednesday morning of this week.
  • spectre
    spectre Posts: 138 Forumite
    spectre wrote: »
    just for reference, Natwest do a 5.49% fixed for 5years or 5.29% fixed for FTB`s with 85%LTV

the 5.29% is for a 2yr fixd offer sorry just spotted that

5.49% is valid for 5yrs though
  • unite79
    unite79 Posts: 392 Forumite
    Hadrian wrote: »
    If the banks and BS's have learnt anything it's that 100% or more mortgages are what got us in this critical financial state that we now find ourselves in. Statistically the higher loan to value mortgages the greater the chance of the recipient defaulting on the loan. The only way to regain some sanity in the housing market is for to keep deposits at least at 10% and some rigid form of investigation into the applicants financial standing. If that sounds hard then it's what used to be the case pre the 1980's. It is generally believed that the relaxation of these 'rules' was the major cause of the crisis we will have to shoulder for the next decade. so...save every penny for the deposit and wait until house prices bottom in a couple of years. My opinion, for what it's worth, is that the majority of houses are at least 10/15% overvalued.

I dont think the current state has a a massive bearing on high LTV, more Banks diverting into high risk income streams in different countrys, namely America.

A number of leadig Economists are starting to call the bottom of the market, waiting 2 years does not sound Ideal in my opinion!
  • unite79
    unite79 Posts: 392 Forumite
    Defaulting on a Loan, probably has a massive bearing on someones abilty to meet the Mortgage Payment - Unemployment has risen DRAMATICALLY over the last 6-12 months - Unemployment does not just effect those with High loan to Values.........
  • marklv
    marklv Posts: 1,768 Forumite
    I'm glad I bought in 2005 with a 40% deposit - but then I was 38 at the time!
  • emmahane
    emmahane Posts: 94 Forumite
    did you ring yorkshire bank re the 95% deposit as they are not advertising i ton their website
  • emmahane
    emmahane Posts: 94 Forumite
    i must be blind all i can see is 90% on the website
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills