M & S furniture outlet

Comments

• Homebrands has gone bankrupt too. But, there is an official M and S outlet just for furniture opened in Colne, Lans, near the Asda.
  • The M & S returns furniture place is in Greenfields (nr Holywell). They occasionally have clearance sales-although IMO they are nowhere near as cheap as they used to be-a few years back i got an Abbey leather chair for £50 and a full size sofa for bout £450. I went to a sale just before christmas (which i received a pre sale invite for which suggested bargain basement prices) and it was just very very expensive rubbish-although maybes all the good stuff had gone......i think it is a bit pot luck
  • Teachertim wrote: »
    But, there is an official M and S outlet just for furniture opened in Colne, Lans, near the Asda.

I can second this I work for an M & S outlet and a few of our staff were due to go and help set this up, turns out they weren't needed in the end. I believe it opened mid-December, somewhere near Boundary Mill.

HTH
    Born and bred in Manchester (proud of it)
    Now living on the other side of the Pennines
  • Teachertim wrote: »
    Homebrands has gone bankrupt too. But, there is an official M and S outlet just for furniture opened in Colne

Hi Teacher Tim,'

That is good too know!

Do you have an address or any more information re: the furniture outlet. Is it actually in boundary mill or a separate unit? Would just like to ring before I make a long journey, looking for a particular bed for my little boy but very expensive in marks.

TIA
  • toshkininny
    toshkininny Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I can second this I work for an M & S outlet and a few of our staff were due to go and help set this up, turns out they weren't needed in the end. I believe it opened mid-December, somewhere near Boundary Mill.

HTH

Thanks, used to live round there about 4 years ago, but we live Sussex now so typical isn't it! I will have to pop along to that Trade Secret one, would be nice if we had one on our doorstep (Sussex) though! ;)
  • gerardty
    gerardty Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have a look at:

http://www.lawtonsfurniture.co.uk

they are based in Birkenhead, Wirral and have lots of M&S furniture at discount prices.
  • oilit
    oilit Posts: 234 Forumite
    Hi, is it definitely returned stock of marks and spencer and the like? I was having a look today at their online catalogue, and then searched the name of the furniture via google, but nothing came up.

I popped into the trade secret store in Adderbury today - as i was passing - they were unpacking beds etc that were in M&S boxes. Not sure if everything is from M&S though - I dont want to sound snobby or anything, but its weird, the stuff there just looked wrong - like it was cheaper, the stuff in the M&S stores looked better quality - not sure why but I walked out unimpressed and walked around to fired earth next door! :confused:

I would have been disappointed if I had made a special trip - oh and take your wellys - the car park is full of huge muddy puddles - NIGHTMARE
  • jopsey
    jopsey Posts: 840 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Don't know if it is any use to anybody but there is a stall on Widnes market selling M&S furniture ,had a look today and it seem's they sell it half the M&S price .
  • nuttywoman
    nuttywoman Posts: 2,203 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    workerbee wrote: »
    Teachertim wrote: »
    Homebrands has gone bankrupt too. But, there is an official M and S outlet just for furniture opened in Colne

Hi Teacher Tim,'

That is good too know!

Do you have an address or any more information re: the furniture outlet. Is it actually in boundary mill or a separate unit? Would just like to ring before I make a long journey, looking for a particular bed for my little boy but very expensive in marks.

TIA

http://www.visitlancashire.com/site/things-to-do/boundary-mill-stores-p80120

looks like it is in Boundry Mill :T
  • frogglet
    frogglet Posts: 767 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    jopsey wrote: »
    Don't know if it is any use to anybody but there is a stall on Widnes market selling M&S furniture ,had a look today and it seem's they sell it half the M&S price .

Is that the inside or outside market?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport