Christmas Crafting Ideas by Flyingpig - Its Good To Share.

Comments

• sunrise27_2
    sunrise27_2 Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    Choc%20bars%201_thumb%5B3%5D.jpg?imgmax=800
    love these are they the thin long bars of chocolate ??
  • sunrise27_2
    wish_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

This is a simple gift to give instead of a card .... its a translucent bauble that I have just put a word in ...... I used "wish" but it could be any word that means anything to you.

I just found a font I liked and printed the word off ..... ripped the paper round it for a "torn" effect and then sprinkled with a translucent fine glitter ..... simple, easy and quick ..

The baubles were from Paperchase - for no more than 50p each (they also did boxes of 9) -

You can't buy a card for that price ..... and it's a lasting gift.

I don't know if they'd be any good but there are packs of ten ( I think ) glass baubles in hobbycraft for £1.99 - I keep picking them up thinking I could decorate them but then I'm not sure if I'd be any good at it so I put them down - I might just have to buy them this week an have a go at this , the only worry I have is that you say tearing the wording round the edges but I know I would end up tearing it in half and it would look like a five year old did it lol
    did you sprinkle the wording with glitter or put the glitter in the bauble ??
  • Tiara_2
    Tiara_2 Posts: 1,203 Forumite
    Where do you get the penguin/ reindeer/ snowman embellishments from for the poop bags please? They look really fab!
  • mary-op
    mary-op Posts: 3,605 Forumite
    flyingpig............love the bauble idea but how do you undo the bauble to get the paper inside ?
    Be nice idea for my grandchildren to have one of these with their name in:)
    I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)
  • Hi ..... just to answer a few questions left here.....

Hi Sunrise .....I didn't know the ceramic letters had been reduced to 74p - what a bargain!!! I can see no reason why you couldn't use "real" metal spoons for chocolate spoons. This year I have found silver plastic spoons for mine.

The chocolate bars are large home brand Co-op chocolate bars - though if I were making them again I think I would wait until there was an offer on Cadbury's or Galaxy as they do taste better.

I have seen and bought a set of the Darice baubles from HoobyCraft at £1.99 for 10 or 12 I can't remember they are a bargain.

As to tearing the words ..... it is tricky, that is why I print off a lot more than I need ..... but you could always cut them using wobbly lines.

I applied the glitter round the edges of the words using a Sakura glue pen (I think Hobbycrafts have them) they are brilliant for applying small amounts of glitter acuratley.

Hi Tiara ..... the stickers came from Accessorize ..... I know its a fashion shop but their stickers, found amongst the girls stuff are BRILLIANT. I am waiting with baited breathe to see what they bring out this year ....... they cost £1.75 a packet and are just the right size for the sweetie bags.

Hi Mary -Op - I think you will find that the tops of most glass baubles come off quite easily ..... as I said above the Darice baubles in HobbyCraft would be good for you to use. I might copy your idea if I may and make some for all the babies of friends born this year.

I hope I have answered everyones questions OK.

helen
  • sunrise27_2
    thanks Helen x sorry for all the questions but I am always in awe of the ideas you come up with
    I've said it before and I'll say it again you are an inspiration to us all x x x
  • hi everyone - flyingpig your toppers are great i have been trying to make my own by cutting them out as i dont have a die cut machine and and i think yours look amazing :( i wish i had a die cut machine here is a pic of mine but they are not half as good as yours:(

24ayjo5.jpg

Infact they look absolutly s@*t at the side of yours :(

any help would appricate it:o
    I have 2 gorgeous kids :D
  • Hollie84
    Hollie84 Posts: 2,428 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    this thread is fab,ive made some reindeer poop,my daughters pre-school have said i can set a table up after this half term and sell some of my stuff.
    heres a pic,there is one spelling mistake but that is easy enough to fix,didn't notice till id stuck it on oops

15092010376.jpg
  • Hollie84
    Hollie84 Posts: 2,428 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi flyingpig
    can i ask u a few questions,what do u price your items at,mainly the sweeties?
    what do u call the white bon bons once u have bagged them up?

as u can see ive added a pic of my reindeer poop,your stuff is fab
    Hollie
  • mary-op
    mary-op Posts: 3,605 Forumite
    flyingpig - thanks. Our nearest hobbycraft is 20 miles away but often baubles are in the charity shops so I might find something there.
    I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport