Where now?

I had some savings which have come to the end of the deal they were on. I was getting 3.1% but now I cannot see anything like that. Should I keep looking or give up and accept I will only get 2.5% now???
Do you think anything more exciting might come out soon?

Comments

• gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    If you're not able to lock the money away for a few years, and you're not prepared to accept any degree of risk, the sub 3% is where it's at, I'm afraid.

I see no sign of this changing for at least two years as even returns on risk assets such as corporate bonds of quality companies are now in the 3%-5% range.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Depends how much it is as well. You can find an instant access home for about £35K @ 3% AER in a couple of current accounts. Not sure how long this will last though since it's 3% variable.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Is any of the money in cash ISAs? If not, why not?
  • Thanks for your replies. My cash ISA is full. What current accounts are offering 3 percent?
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 November 2012 at 11:00AM
  • santander 123 if you meet the criteria - and can get enough cash back to cover the monthly fee?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure