NHS Tax Credit exemption card

Last year I received this card which was fantastic, as a household we had a low income however this year we are not eligible as I think we have gone over the threshold? does any one know what the threshold is and is it based on a joint income coming into the house or on an individual? as cost of living has gone up with morgages etc we as a household are hugely worse off and even more so now as we seem to have lost this as well?

Comments

• emilyt
    emilyt Posts: 2,051
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Look here http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/1040.aspx. Click on the flow chart to see if you are entitled.
    You can also claim free prescriptions and dental fees with a HC1 form look here http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Illorinjured/DG_10018978

How to claim

You'll need to complete form HC1 from a Jobcentre Plus office or NHS hospital. You may also be able to get an HC1 from your doctor, dentist or optician.
    You can also get an HC1 by contacting the NHS Forms order line on 0845 610 1112 or by email at the following address:
    [EMAIL="nhsforms@spsl.uk.com"]nhsforms@spsl.uk.com[/EMAIL]
    For more information about how to claim, please contact the Health Cost advice line on 0845 850 1166.

Worth filling in as they go off what your out goings are as well as your income.

Good luck

Emily
    When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile :D
  • clairec79
    clairec79 Posts: 2,512 Forumite
    It's just over £15,500 I believe - household income
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills