Divx-capable DVD player with Freeview tuner: Under £42

Comments

• delb0y
    delb0y Posts: 110 Forumite
    that too is a cracking deal and a good player. you will get that for £20 ! with the £10 google checkout off
  • MADCAT19
    MADCAT19 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Shall I get it then? Right here - Right now?:j
  • bubbles2007
    bubbles2007 Posts: 249 Forumite
    mine has just arrived. got it from svp for £37...

off button on the unit switches it off completely - i like to save energy
    epg is seven days
    super fast at changing channels and starting up (ondigi box took 20 secs!)
    lcd shows freeview info, like channel number PLUS clock which always knows the time when it is off.
    the system is very sophisticated compared to my on digital box, great features like showing you a sized down picture while accessing tv guides, menus. shows you detailed info about everything you could possibly need to know about the channels you are watching, including channel strength.
    different preset sound can be adjusted and for those who hook it up to a hifi or sound system, you can benefit from fewer connections as both dvd and freeview sound comes from one unit
    you can choose between wide or 4:3 AND zoom the picture 2x, 4x etc
    there are games
    you can even organise channel by type: movies, shows etc - loads of little great features like these...

the tray is flimsy, but on the flip side it also looks kind of elegant to be a slim slot instead of a chunky tray. remote isnt too bad, ive seen worse for budget electronics.

ONLY PROBLEM IS NO BBCi, TELETEXT AND COLOURED BUTTONS!?!? also, I think subtitles cannot be activated, though i havent really tried it. oh yeah, there is no rf cable for a lopp through to your tv (so it can pick up the analogue signal - you will need to get your own)
  • neilwoods
    neilwoods Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    As the player accepts USB, then an external HD may work. If it is has its own external power and is FAT32 then there may be possible to use it.

Be good if someone has one to try it.
    Mansion TV. Avoid at all cost's :j
  • bubbles2007
    my hd is nfts. most people will have this format as that's what recent versions of windows format as default. and it is more secure. so, if anyone can be bothered to reformat a disk to the older file system or have a spare, let us know... but even it works, it will be a nightmare finding files!
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    MADCAT19 wrote: »
    As was said, it's out of stock but the Umax Kazuki DVD-2800X MPEG4/DivX/DVD Player (http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=2344) is available for less (no Freeview). I already have the basic channels from Virgin Media, does Freeview give any more? I mean, if I already have the telly, should I just get this and get over with it? Any suggestions, much appreciated! Thanks!

I've just bought one of these as I already have Freeview built in my tv anyway ;)

faz wrote:
    Doesn't look like it, shame:

- Playback via SD, MMC and Memory Stick cards (image and music files)
    - Playback via USB port (image and music files)

My external HDD connects via USB so surely it should work with this dvd player? :confused:
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • MADCAT19
    MADCAT19 Posts: 45 Forumite
    You know what? I'll get one, too! And sod Freeview. I've got cable anyway... :confused:

.... [few minutes later] I got one! I got one! Hurra! Anyway, I just thought I give you this for even more MS!

"** Guarantee on our prices **
    We also offer a 7 day "Price Protection" guarantee on our own prices.

If you buy a product from us and we lower the price of that product on our website within 7 days of you placing your order, then email us to point out the price drop and we will refund you the difference between the two amounts. This offer is almost unique amongst technology retailers because technology products have a reputation for dropping in price very quickly. We offer this service because we know how annoying it is to buy a product and see the price drop days or even hours after you place your order! Note that this guarantee does not apply to freight or packaging charges or items bought through eBay."

Better to keep an eye for the next week or so eh? ;-)
  • bubbles2007
    MADCAT19 wrote: »
    You know what? I'll get one, too! And sod Freeview. I've got cable anyway... :confused:

.... [few minutes later] I got one! I got one! Hurra! Anyway, I just thought I give you this for even more MS!

"** Guarantee on our prices **
    We also offer a 7 day "Price Protection" guarantee on our own prices.

If you buy a product from us and we lower the price of that product on our website within 7 days of you placing your order, then email us to point out the price drop and we will refund you the difference between the two amounts. This offer is almost unique amongst technology retailers because technology products have a reputation for dropping in price very quickly. We offer this service because we know how annoying it is to buy a product and see the price drop days or even hours after you place your order! Note that this guarantee does not apply to freight or packaging charges or items bought through eBay."

Better to keep an eye for the next week or so eh? ;-)

its worth the extra few quid to add freeview to the system. i forgot to mention, you can even use the pause button to pause live tv!

i have cable too, but you dont get e4/film4/itv1...+1 channels they handy to have - and sky news, not that i watch it anymore, with freeview...
  • terrierlady
    terrierlady Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    blast too late again out of stock.....
    my bark is worse than my bite!!!!!!!!
  • anyone recommend anything similar with freeview built in?
    To be able under all circumstances to practice five things constitutes perfect virtue; these five things are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
    Confucius
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport