Parcel Monkey.com claims is a joke!

Hi everyone,

I am a new on here, and i recently won a bid on Ebay on the 19/11/2009 on a Konica Minolta 5650 EN Magicolor laser printer. The printer is just over 3 months old, and i won it around £179, so i was glad because i was going to buy this same model for around £600+.

The last time i won a laser printer, i travelled to London in my car to collect it, no problems! I decided not to go all the way to Devon to pick the printer i purchased on ebay, so i used Parcelmonkey.com. I thought, great! Just over £28 including inurance for upto 40kg delivery, very cheap! I paid the service on Thursday ( same day i paid for the winning bid on ebay) for a next day delivery, thinking the item will arrive Saturday.

Remember, it is my first time using an independant courier service, rather collecting items in person.

The parcel did not arrive on Monday, around mid day from FedEx and the parcel was damaged. I did say to the FedEx driver that the box is damaged, looked like it was knocked around. I signed for the parcel, and took it inside to see if the item was actually damaged.

I could not believe when i opened the item, it was damaged with cracks and a broken panel.

I emailed parcel monkey straight away with images of damages, and asked for a full refund of service and payout for the damaged item.

After emailing the relevant info, Kevin from the claims investigaton department said i have to wait 8 weeks for FedEx to payout! Why do i have to wait 8 weeks from third party companies to payout, when i paid a service to parcel monkey to do a job they could not deliver properly.

I just want my money back, so parcel monkey can get paid from their third parties after.

I need this printer for my business, im losing money because of christmas orders, and i need something done.

What shall i do?

here are some images, the printer was well packed with lots of bubble wrap and a fragile sticker.

copy and paste this address in your address bar in your internet explorer or firefox web browser -

sorry, as a new user, i cannot put a link up due to spammers!

The easy way is to open up notepad or a text editor program and copy and paste the following ,

http://

Then copy the highlighted text below,
s43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/zippy993/parcel%20monkey%20damages
Then paste this next to the 'http://' without no gaps so it looks like a complete web address.

Then copy the whole address and paste it into your web browser address bar and hit return (enter).

see the evidence yourself.
thanx for reading.

Comments

• fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Sorry, no advice, but the damage looks pretty bad!

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/zippy993/parcel%20monkey%20damages/
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • alanalea
    alanalea Posts: 1,284 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    The printer iteslf wasn't packaged very well, only a thin layer of bubblewrap inside a box. Sorry no advice to give you though.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."...Miss piggy
  • Would it not be quicker and a guaranteed refund to claim from paypal, as item arrived damaged? I'm sure its the sellers responsibility for getting the item to you in working order/as described, regardless of who organizes the courier or who pays for delivery?

Contact your seller...8 weeks is wholly unreasonable!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,185 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I've no advice to give as I think this is going to be horribly tricky. A collection item with a courier arranged by a buyer and where packaging frankly looks poor. I can't see the courier paying out with that level of packaging which leaves the dispute between buyer and seller.

Whenever we get a thread where a buyer wants to arrange their own courier it is this scenario that worries me. Who exactly stands the loss?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    The packaging was very poor though. . You just need to tell parcel monkey that your contract was with them not fedex whether they pay out with that poor packaging is another matter

When buyers organise the courier it really is an accident waiting to happen as so much can go wrong on both sides
  • I just did a bit of hunting around, my advice, tell seller you are not happy and need a refund. Item not as described/arrived damaged!

PayPal will refund you if you return to seller. Best way to move forward I think.
  • cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I just did a bit of hunting around, my advice, tell seller you are not happy and need a refund. Item not as described/arrived damaged!

PayPal will refund you if you return to seller. Best way to move forward I think.

But Morally as the buyer organised the courier its really there responsibility. Thats my opinion anyway
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    After emailing the relevant info, Kevin from the claims investigaton department said i have to wait 8 weeks for FedEx to payout! Why do i have to wait 8 weeks from third party companies to payout, when i paid a service to parcel monkey to do a job they could not deliver properly.

because to save money you bought that service from a reseller and not direct from the courier

looks very poorly packaged,you many find fedex wont pay out due to the packaging
    however this is probably why the seller selected local collect
  • The printer was packed with alot a bubble wrap which i had to take out to examin the problem.

i am just so confused, i do have insurance, so why can i not get a payout!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,185 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The printer was packed with alot a bubble wrap which i had to take out to examin the problem.

i am just so confused, i do have insurance, so why can i not get a payout!

A bit of bubble wrap in a single box is not sufficient for the item and it may well be that you will be refused on that grounds as your contract with courier required you to have adequate packaging. Usually for something like that a fitted box with some sort of edge protection inside another box would be better.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure