Energy Care UK - AVOID!!!!

So I booked in with Energy Care to do my cavity wall insulation in our 3 bed semi detached house for £149. Had a survey done and paid £50 deposit. The installation date comes and 2 young guys say that it's physically impossible to do it on our house, they can't climb on the roof above the garage and they would need to get into our neighbours garage (which is actually an office) and drill from in there. So, they went away and said my £50 would be refunded.

I call Energy Care today to chase up my refund from a week ago and told they have no record of who the installers where and what they said, so they would re-book it. In the manager's words 'the installers had probably had a long drive and saw the job was a bit difficult and gave you a story'. My instant response was 'if that's the way your company operates and the type of people they employ, I do not want you drilling holes in my house'!

Long story short, I have to wait for another crew to come out now to re-assess whether or not it can be done, otherwise it is me that is cancelling the work and I lose the deposit. I've just got a horrible feeling I'm going to end up with a rubbish job done here!

I'll update when the next crew have been to inspect!
:T If you don't have anything sensible to say, don't say it! :T

Comments

• iamcornholio
    iamcornholio Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    I've had no probelm with EnergyCare .... and mine was ony £99 :p

They climbed on my garage and front canopy roof, stood on a make-shift platform I made for them at the rear above some other buiding work going on, and worked nearly vertical off ladders in our side alley.

No probelms at all
  • sandford6016
    sandford6016 Posts: 162 Forumite
    You obviously didn't get the installers 'who didn't like the job' in their managers words!!!
  • sandford6016
    Inspector is coming tomorrow btw to see if it's possible. Surely the initial survey did that though?!?!
  • sandford6016
    'Inspector' came and decided that the job couldn't be done, and the original Energy Care UK surveyor had got it all wrong! Even the amount of insulation he said would be required was wrong; surveyor said 92 sqm, inspector said 110 sqm!

Anyway, deposit refunded and I'm glad, as I'm really not filled with confidence in them after this!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport