anyone heard/used waeplus.co.uk (wae+) at all?

Comments

• Protopia wrote: »
    Frankly I cannot decide whether:

1. They are simply a victim of their own success - the volume of business they are getting is simply overwhelming them and they cannot cope. In this case I would expect them to be more open about their difficulties and to ask customers to bear with them - but they don't so this does not seem like the reason.

2. They are incompetent - they are unable to keep their web site up to date with stock availability. However the overheads of processing all the refunds must be huge - so tey should have every incentive to fix this, but don't. Again this does not seem like the reason.

3. They are deliberately taking orders for products they don;t have in stock and holding back refunds to boost their cash flow.

I think it has been three stages, ending in the last you mention. And greed knows no bounds. I think it will carry on until they get in trouble.

They clearly don't care about the bad name they are making for themselves enough to stop this bad practice.

At the end of the day they are leaving people out of pocket, furiously trying to claim their money back at their own expense.

Children did not receive toys for Christmas because they were out of stock, this will also happen on Birthdays etc...

WAE+ No morals.
  • Just reported these bozo's to Trading Standards and got a dispute registered with my bank. If everyone does the same then may be we can get them to change there ways or get them to cease trading. Immoral charlatans. Ripping off your man in the street since god knows when.
  • uzine
    uzine Posts: 1 Newbie
    Buying my single din sound system from WAE was a biggest mistake I done. I have created a website so that I can show the screen print which displays that it has been 1 month and I have not yet received my item
  • uzine wrote: »
    Buying my single din sound system from WAE was a biggest mistake I done. I have created a website so that I can show the screen print which displays that it has been 1 month and I have not yet received my item

You are one of their many victims.

Please sign the online petition, report them to Trading Standards, force refund through your credit card company, and send a letter of complaint.

07789019 (Company reg number)
    Reg Office
    WAE+ LIMITED
    180 NEWHALL STREET
    BIRMINGHAM
    ENGLAND
    B3 1SJ

CRESSWELL, DARREN MR (Director 1)
    27/09/2011 (Date he created the company)

2 REDHOUSE SQUARE
    DUNCAN CLOSE MOULTON PARK
    NORTHAMPTON
    NORTHAMPTONSHIRE
    UNITED KINGDOM
    NN3 6WL

SLATER, BEN STEPHEN MR (Director 2 & Company secretary)
    27/09/2011
    APARTMENT 15 52 MASON WAY
    BIRMINGHAM
    UNITED KINGDOM
    B15 2EE

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/shut-down-wae-plus-for-conning-millions-of-online-shoppers

Write to Watchdog at:
    Watchdog, W1 NBH 07C, BBC New Broadcasting House, Portland Place, London W1A 1AA

dom @ flametv . co . uk Write to Dom
  • Concur, order a tablet, cancelled because they couldn't get it. Still waiting for refund after a month. Rubbish, avoid at all costs.
  • madwayne
    madwayne Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 March 2013 at 10:20PM
    hi, wish I had seen this first, i have a considerable order with them and as everyone is stating here.

items showing in stock but when ordering saying not avilable.

WARNING DO NOT USE.

Reporting company to VISA, TRADING STANDARDS Brimingham don't want to know, Watchdog, and if I can I will report to companies house also, posted on face book the petition and this thread

they cant keep doing this to customers, BEWARE OF CHEAP PRICES.
  • I have the same story as everyone else. No goods, no refund, no reply's to emails.

I have complained to trading standards and started county court action to get my money back. The sooner they are shut down the better.

The Guardian have an article about them : guardian.co.uk/money/2012/nov/16/we-are-electrical-plus-complaints-new-website
  • Have received an email from Birmingham Trading Standards.... They are investigating my complaint.

Send your complaints to Mike.Gutowski@birmingham.gov.uk, the more they see the more reason they will have to shut them down, or prosecute and fine.

It took Trading Standards 3 months just to respond, but I believe anyone who's mistreated by WAE+ should be heard.

May also support any credit card or bank chargebacks.

Trading Standards direct email Mike.Gutowski@birmingham.gov.uk

Best of luck everyone.
  • I can confirm that, luckily, after cancelling my order 1 hour after submitting it and sending a threatening letter to a number of their addresses, they cancelled my order before taking my money.
  • jgrg1
    jgrg1 Posts: 2 Newbie
    I placed an order on the 11th March 2013 for a graphics card that WAEPlus stated was in stock on their website. I monitored the order status using their website which unhelpfully informed me that it was "Awaiting Fulfiment". I waited a full week before contacting them directly (prepare yourself for at least a 20 minute wait on hold before you get through to any one). Having spoken to one of the sales reps, I was informed that they were in fact awaiting stock and importing it from Europe and that it would take 3-5 business days to get to the UK. On the 24th March the order status was still "Awaiting Fulfilment". I contacted them again to be informed that the goods were being transported between their European and UK warehouses and I have the goods by the end of the week. Contacting them again on the 28th, there was still no status update and WaePlus is unable to track the goods between the European and UK warehouses. So 17 days after ordering an "in stock" item, still no delivery, still no information on exactly when it will arrive, so I cancelled the order. At this stage, having already taken the money on the 11th, they inform me that they will refund the money within 30 days (which is apparently the statutary maximum refund period). So they will have had the money for 37 days.

I can only state that you, as a consumer, should avoid WAEPlus like the plague. The prices and stock levels on their website seem to be simply to persuade you to commit to buy from them. After they have your money, there is no incentive for them to deliver the actual goods. Do NOT use.

Wish I'd checked this forum first.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport