IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

unfair pcn issued at asda store

Yesterday on returning to my car in an asda store i found a ticket on my windscreen, stating that a charge of £60 is now due, reduced to £30 if paid within 10 days. I had obtained a voucher from the machine at 09.37 and this voucher expired at 11.37. The voucher was still on my dashboard but had slipped down against the join with my windscreen, probably when i shut the car door as there was no sticky bit to this ticket. On the pcn my car was first spotted at 09.45 and then ticketed at 10.44. Obviously well inside the stated times on the voucher obtained. I returned to the store and spoke with the deputy store manager who stated there was nothing that he could do other than to advise me to send my pcn and voucher off to town and city parking ltd appeals office.
I find it unfair that i should have to persue this matter after spending almost £100 in his store and also feel that if i do what should happen if these items suddenly became lost or misplaced, offering me no course of defence should this matter end up in court. Please help.

Comments

• just ignore, it, it's not a fine its an invoice requesting you pay
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    The ticket is not enforceable at all, you've already paid to park there in any case so there is no loss, my question is how can asda charge for people to shop at their store, an utter disgrace !

Don't by the way appeal the ticket as I can tell you now it will be turned down, also ignore everything related to this ticket as its a scam! Instead write to asda head office with a complaint about this telling them you will not shop there again because they endorse a scam akin to a nigerian 419 phishing operation to harass customers at their shop.

Enjoy keeping your money ;)
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • I just love these retailers that sell their customers down the river to these 'bounty hunters'. I would not bother talking to the store managers who are glorified key holders. Ignore the pond life that issued the 'fine'. As people already have said it has NO legal validity. A strongly worded letter to ASDA head office may be the best course of action and I would be intrigued to know the reply.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • thanks guys, but what is the worse case scenario if i just ignore this instance?
  • You will get a series of threatening letters designed to scare you into paying. They are just empty threats. Only the Council can issue parking fines that are legally enforeceable. Who are you getting the begging letters from?
  • Town and city parking ltd issued ticket yesterday morning. Obviously no letters yet.
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,887 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I find it shocking also that Asda are charging for parking, unless the shop is part of a big shopping area or retail park, in any case they normally offer their customers a refund on the ticket if they shop there, to stop people just using the car park for free and going elsewhere.

My guess is that the car park is probably owned by a private company and is nothing to do with Asda anyway. Just ignore the ticket and definitely don't pay it.

Just seen the post above regarding ownership of the car park.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • Look on the sticky on this forum with sample begging letters from parking scammers. There are two examples of the letters that Town and City issue. Both have no legal validity. To my knowledge, Town and City have not taken anyone to court, their business model is based on fear and ignorance of the law.
  • thanks mate, but i have no idea what a sticky is or where to find it. Sorry for my ignorance, as i have only just registered to this forum.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    thanks mate, but i have no idea what a sticky is or where to find it. Sorry for my ignorance, as i have only just registered to this forum.

He means to look at the first threads in this section, they have been put on top of the forum for people to get info in regards to parking and tickets/fines
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure