Aldi Family Tent - 9th June - Any Good?

Comments

• Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    If it's anything like mine then 'seperate bedrooms' means "we have provided you with a bit of material that has 5 toggles sewn onto it, hang this up inside your tent to create a 'wall' and prepare for your children to constantly wedge their faces through the gaps so see what you're doing" :D

Your tent sounds great for £70, hope you have tons of fun in it....don't forget the vodka! :j
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• dfarry
    dfarry Posts: 939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Jay-Jay wrote:
    If it's anything like mine then 'seperate bedrooms' means "we have provided you with a bit of material that has 5 toggles sewn onto it, hang this up inside your tent to create a 'wall' and prepare for your children to constantly wedge their faces through the gaps so see what you're doing" :D

Your tent sounds great for £70, hope you have tons of fun in it....don't forget the vodka! :j

Vodka for the kids = No more wedged peeking faces!! = mucho sleeping bag action :rotfl:
  • Paracaine you've obviously not been camping with my 16yo daughter - you'd be BEGGING for separate bedrooms!
  • Grumpysally
    Grumpysally Posts: 790 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just as an aside, I recently bought a '2 person' tent for my 2 year old to play in £8.99 (proper one not a play tent) from Tradex, serious camper, other half reckons it is fine for proper camping as long as you don't lay against the sides as it has no fly sheet.
    You'd have to be very close intimate 2 persons though. As a friend retorted when I told her about it.. 'not for married couples then' .
    Teenage son taking it on Duke of Edinbro' expedition next week. (doesn't know he's the guinea pig)
  • richto
    richto Posts: 821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Paracaine wrote:
    Bah, what's this lark about seperate bedrooms? Camping isn't about seperate bloody bedrooms! There has been three of us and our stuff in a small triangle 4 man tent many times, that's what camping is all about all being together and having a laugh. Seperate bloddy bedrooms in a tent...what's the world coming to? :rolleyes: :rotfl:

Being in a caravan or a hotel and having a laugh sounds far more attractive imo.
  • Paracaine
    Paracaine Posts: 108 Forumite
    Paracaine you've obviously not been camping with my 16yo daughter - you'd be BEGGING for separate bedrooms!

I think you should hope that I haven't been camping with your 16yo daughter :p

(I am only 18 :D )
    richto wrote:
    Being in a caravan or a hotel and having a laugh sounds far more attractive imo.

Two different things, camping and hotels - I usually do both!
  • Oh ok you probably wouldn't be begging for separate bedrooms then!
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    You do know that buying the tent is just the start. Then you have to buy sleeping bags, another huge decision about size, quality and make. Also roll mats. And a stove of some description at least to make tea on plus a kettle, gas and a cooking set. Rucksacs as well or at least a basic day sack. Everyone needs waterproofs as well.... etc etc LOL

Also somewhere to store all of your gear in between camping trips ...

Mary
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    mhoc wrote:
    You do know that buying the tent is just the start. Then you have to buy sleeping bags, another huge decision about size, quality and make. Also roll mats. And a stove of some description at least to make tea on plus a kettle, gas and a cooking set. Rucksacs as well or at least a basic day sack. Everyone needs waterproofs as well.... etc etc LOL

Also somewhere to store all of your gear in between camping trips ...

Mary

:T Absolutely :rotfl:

The good news for newbie campers though is that the supermarkets have caught on now and sell some amazingly cheap stuff. Fold away chairs for £4, roll mats for £3 even gas for your camping stove. (especially look out for the Lidl special offers)

For the average family who aren't planning a month long expedition to the Alps, it doesn't matter if they try it once, decide they hate it and never use the stuff again. Ok it's not the best quality in the world but hey, for £3 who cares :D

:beer:
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• Paracaine
    Paracaine Posts: 108 Forumite
    Oh ok you probably wouldn't be begging for separate bedrooms then!

Ha ha ha, you get my point :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport