Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Crabman
Crabman Posts: 9,943
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
Forumite
Disneyland Paris - Q&A Thread

Before posting, please click "Search This Thread" (just above this post and to the right) and enter your search terms - results will be shown as posts throughout the thread. Also try a general forum search - otherwise post your question on this thread and someone will do their best to help you out.

Article & Tool Links

29 Paris Money Saving Tips

Budget Airline Flightchecker

Travel Money Maximiser: Finds you the cheapest holiday cash in seconds

Cheap Flights: Get the cheapest flights, whenever & wherever you go

Package Holiday Late Deals: Undercut the cheapest prices by 15%

Spending Overseas: The cheapest way to pay

How to get a flight upgrade

Compensation for delayed flights

Useful Disneyland Paris Information Links

Calendar

Disney FastPass

Food Guide

Half Board Meal Plans

Menus for Disneyland Resort Paris

Shuttle from CDG Airport to Disneyland Paris

Trip Reviews (under construction, all help appreciated!)

Stay: Newbay Port Hotel, Travel: Eurostar, Restaurants: Hotel Restaurant, Annetes Diner

Comments

• mrskaz
    mrskaz Posts: 109 Forumite
    Does anyone know the cheapest place I can book for a holiday to Eurodisney, I dont mind how we travel, we are in the north east. Thanks for any help.

mrskaz.xx
  • jcumpsty
    jcumpsty Posts: 162 Forumite
    Cheapest or best value?

I started out looking for the cheapest option, but ended up looking for something slightly more expensive.

It seems to be you get what you pay for at disney.

Can someone merge these two disney threads?
  • mrskaz
    thanks, I should've searched properly in the 1st place...my ds is off school sick today, so I've one eye on him and one on the pc...
    thanks
    mrskaz
  • jcumpsty
    No problem.

I started looking at the Davey Crocket Ranch.

Then I decided it might be too far out and a bit basic, so I looked at the Hotel Cheyenne.

But it gets mixed reviews so I looked at the NewYork hotel.

But it is apparently not as good for kids.

THen I looked at the Disney hotel, which is very expensive.

I am thinking that the MovenPick Dream Castle or the Mytravel Explorers hotels might be best if someone can explain how park tickets and offers work in these.
  • fabwitch_2
    fabwitch_2 Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    http://www.siestaholidays.co.uk/special.aspx
    Siesta holidays does breaks to EuroDisney including travel. Pickups are all over the Country. Have a look in late deals section as it goes up to August
    Competitions wins 2010

LG Cookie Fresh Mobile with £50 credit, Kiss 100 on FB
    .:j
  • mrskaz
    Thanx fabwitch-theres some really good prices on the website:T
  • poe.tuesday
    poe.tuesday Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    there are advantages and disadvantages with the davy crocket, the disadvantage is that you need a car but the advantages are that you can put the kids to bed and you can then stay up with out disturbing them, also you can cook for yourselves, this saves soooo much money on eating out, you can also take packed lunches for the park, which can be very expensive to eat there

the ranch is not basic, it's really well equipt and comfortable etc.
  • jcumpsty
    I might have appeared to slag the DCR off in a previous post. I did not intend to do this...From my understanding the ranch is caravan accomodation.

My kids LOVE staying in caravans, which is why I am taking them to a Haven holiday park next weekend. I dont consider anything "basic" about a caravan park.

My apprehension over the DCR is actually not for this reason. From Wirral I could not imagine spending 10 hours in a car with my kids. So we will not have a car once we are there.

I think we might go for longer in future and consider staying at the DCR. As was just mentioned, I think it is great being able to lock (i mean shut) the kids in their own bedroom, while mummy and daddy drink copious amounts of wine and beer. For now I need the free shuttle bus.
  • jcumpsty
    I still have not decided what to do about Disneyland Paris. My kids (4 and 5) desperately want to go, and I desperately want to take them.

I am thinking about taking them out of school (pre-school and reception) for a week, from May 7 or 14.

We will be staying at the Dreamcastle Hotel, which is £740 for 5 nights including Disney Passes.

Flights cost £400 from Liverpool, plus about £70 for transfers. This is via Easyjet.

I am of course looking for the least stressful option, but I am also considering driving. I am self-employed so dont get holiday pay, and would like to take just 1 week off. If I drive I would want to leave the Saturday before, take 2 days to arrive on Monday morning, and come home Friday night arriving home on Saturday or Sunday.

Firstly, I noticed that May has high rainfall. What do you do in Disney if it is raining? THis is also a reason why I would like to take the car. We have a Kia Sedona which is a good size and can have a picnic in the car.

Also, what are my options for taking the car to Disney? Can I drive the car on the train? Where does it drop me off? How much does it cost? What about a ferry (same questions)

THanks everyone.
  • jcumpsty
    I think I have just answered my own question.

I just looked at Eurotunnel. It works out at £250 + to take the car.

Plus 1000 mile return trip at 25p per mile = another £250.

Plus an extra 4 nights in a hotel, even at just £50 per night, this is another £200.

So fliying costs £400. Driving costs £700.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure