Which end of bath for Taps???

Comments

• crankup
    crankup Posts: 343
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Baad_!!! wrote:
    .... Also, because of the sloping back at the head end of the bath you may actually end up standing nearer the middle of the bath and hence not directly under the shower. .....

Too funny.
    Yes, you'll be so far away you will need a handcrafted stick to reach the on/off switch on the shower!!!
    * "Take my advice, Dont listen to me." *
    ~~ Yes I've tried Google ~~
    ~~ Yes I've tried ebaY ~~

• tanith
    tanith Posts: 8,091
    Forumite
    One thing puzzles me about this , if you had a fixed shower door/panel how the heck would you be able to reach the taps to turn them on if the taps were under the shower? Mine is fixed taps at window end , shower at opposite end.... seems quite logical to me to me that way round... As for the slope, of course the shower head is adjusted so the water sprays at acute enough angle so that you stand away from it and no danger of slipping, also most people have a shower mat ..........
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
  • Cagey
    Cagey Posts: 295 Forumite
    Shower above the taps for me. Anyone want to start a poll ?.
  • Gaz_2-2
    Gaz_2-2 Posts: 85 Forumite
    skintchick wrote:
    I've always had shower and taps at the same end. i'd think it was weird to be the other way round.

We're all different.
    Same here I installed my own power shower and I put mine at tap end.
  • I agree with the sloping end of the bath comment. The shower should be at the tap end.
  • filo_2
    filo_2 Posts: 51 Forumite
    i'm voting for the tap end - never seen one the other way round. steel baths tend to be wider and a bit flatter there. maybe less critical with acrylic baths as they often have a flattish area throughout.
  • tanith
    Forumite
    Variety is the spice of life, if we were all the same the world would be a boring place:rotfl: amazing how we all see things soooooooooo differently......:T

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
  • snaffler
    snaffler Posts: 190 Forumite
    From a person with plumbing knowledge but no expert, it is easier to install them this way and it is cost effective and a little tricky if the supply is coming from below, eg not in the attic.

But if the supply Hot and Cold feed is above it make no odds what end you fit the shower as you just "T" off from the hot and cold feed into the shower unit.

Then take the feeds across the attic and down the other end of the tub. It helps with the pressure as well.

But it can be done, but sometime its a fiddle and may cost more in time and a few quid extra for the pipes and connections, but its not rocket science to change the norm for any good plumber.
    "Don't panic just chill out and smile"

• I seem to remember convention dictated that the taps were installed furthest from the door, in order to aid one's vanity should somebody enter the bathroom whilst you were taking a bath. Of course with corner baths and taps in the middle of the bath this largely goes out of the window. But following this convention would mean a bath should be installed such that the end you would normally face be furthest from the door. Of course, such conventions are no longer followed these days. How often to you see the ceiling light in a bedroom located over the window rather than in the middle of the room? Another convention with one's vanity in mind.
  • tanith
    Forumite
    Mr. Grumpy I was interested to read your post about bedroom ceiling lights as the lights in my bedroom are so placed... that is nearer to the window than the middle of the room..
    What did you mean when you said "another convention with vanity in mind" , I am being a little dim I think cos I don't 'get it'.............:rotfl:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure