Travel insurance for children only

Comments

• Mister_G wrote: »
    Endsleigh Insurance have no problem quoting for child only travel insurance and will cost around £10 for a 2 week trip. I have just paid £6.35 for my 12 yr old daughter's trip to Egypt next year.

BAD NEWS!!!!!!:mad:

Endsleigh will no longer insure anyone under 16 travelling without an insured adult. Ive just asked them and the reason is in the last 2 weeks they have new underwriters.....DISMAY !!

I want my daughter to travel to Florida in July with a friend family, they already have an annual cover with someone so I now plan to insure one of them on a new policy in order to get my daughter covered.

WHY dont travel insurers want to cover under 16's?

There must be a market for this, maybe Martin Lewis should start his own under 16's travel insurance company?????
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just checked - luckily the policy I bought in December was an annual one so little one is covered until the end of 2008.

I believe Post Office Insurance will cover children on their own policy. Check it out!
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,945 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Sometimes these "free offers" with paying current accounts don't work out so free.

We turned down the offer to upgrade our bank account at £15 a month, which would have supposedly given us loads of "free" extras like travel insurance.

£15 a month = £180 for the year.

For £120 I got american express annual travel insurance for the whole family. It covers the children when they are on holiday independantly as well as with us. Both are away with others this year and one also has a holday planned with mates, add to that our own holidays and in the long run it is a much better deal.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The A&L "free offer" is actually free, so silvercar's comments don't necessarily apply to it. But it's definitely good to calculate the true cost and true value of bundled account offers.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    silvercar wrote: »
    Sometimes these "free offers" with paying current accounts don't work out so free.

We turned down the offer to upgrade our bank account at £15 a month, which would have supposedly given us loads of "free" extras like travel insurance.

£15 a month = £180 for the year.

For £120 I got american express annual travel insurance for the whole family. It covers the children when they are on holiday independantly as well as with us. Both are away with others this year and one also has a holday planned with mates, add to that our own holidays and in the long run it is a much better deal.

But you get other things for you £15 as well? Do you get mobile phone insurance? Do you get motor breakdown insurance etc?
  • Finally got daughter covered for America trip on her own by the GMB union, had forgotten they offer that service and they charged £18 for single trip.no problem.
  • Demama
    Demama Posts: 6 Forumite
    My hubby and I too have cover from LLoyds TSB, but managed to get my son insurance for his travel with us at the end of June.

two weeks (15 days cover) to Egypt is only £7.18 and that covers delays, lost baggage etc.

The comany is https://insuremore.co.uk

Hope this helps.

23 sleeps till Sharm El Sheik.....yipee:j
  • PhilCCFC
    PhilCCFC Posts: 355 Forumite
    MarkyMarkD wrote: »
    I believe Post Office Insurance will cover children on their own policy. Check it out!

They do and I have just bought my kids policies via Quidco! :money:

£22.50 each policy but you should get £9.96 back on each policy.
    They say that football is a religion, if this is true I worship at the Exacta Stadium, Chester
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Another company that seems to do this kind of business is https://www.gotravelinsurance.co.uk

I am halfway through quoting, and it looks as if three weeks cover for my DS (15) in Europe will cost all of eight pounds. Of course, I don't know how good they would be if I needed to make a claim.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Another company that seems to do this kind of business is www.gotravelinsurance.co.uk

I am halfway through quoting, and it looks as if three weeks cover for my DS (15) in Europe will cost all of eight pounds. Of course, I don't know how good they would be if I needed to make a claim.

And I did some more research on them, and there are some bad reviews on the web. Plus the fact that the only way to make a claim is by calling a non-geographic number (0844-) which might not be accessible from abroad, and they expressly exclude any medical treatment that they had not approved at the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure