Repayments for £90000 mortgage

Hi could any one tell me what the typical payments would be on a £90000 mortgage over a term of 25 years. I know its a bit of a random question but i dont need exact figures just a rough guesstimate. thanks
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Comments

• 550 per month
  • :money: IT Geek & Martin Wannabee :money:
  • It also depends on your circumstances (If you have debts, or have a mortgage on a Self-Certificate like mine because you have a) income from various jobs or b) your self emplyed and don't have 2 yrs accounts the interst rate might be 5.5% rather than 4%)

Halifax have a really good calculator online, you can see what the repayments would be using different rates and over different terms. Also try and increase your deposit, borrowing from family is better than borrowing from the bank cos at least family (probably) won't want interest!
  • Gingham_Ribbon
    Gingham_Ribbon Posts: 31,520 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Is your plan to try to reduce the term of your mortgage? Or are you planning your finances for taking out a new mortgage?
    May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    My mortgage is with Northern Rock, £90,000, unlimited overpayments, which you can then borrow back if you need to. It is self certificating (im self employed) and i managed to get a fixed rate of 4.99%, fixed for 5 years. It is over 28 years (previously had a 30 year deal) and for that im paying £500 a month.
  • Tayus
    Tayus Posts: 313 Forumite
    Thanks for your replies, just wanted to start saving as though i had a mortgage so that i could get used to the payments before i purchase a house.
    Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure