Free O2 Missed Call Alert

Comments

• pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    But what the op doesnt tell you is that you lose your 901 voicemail service while you have got this facilty turned on.You cant have both at the same time.Which means that you are inclined to call people back to see why they are ringing you,and want know who all of them are cos they couldnt leave you a message.Personally i think voicemail is better especially in business.
    PF.
  • jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    But what the op doesnt tell you is that you lose your 901 voicemail service while you have got this facilty turned on.You cant have both at the same time.Which means that you are inclined to call people back to see why they are ringing you,and want know who all of them are cos they couldnt leave you a message.Personally i think voicemail is better especially in business.

i never have voicemail on especially if i have to pay to hear the messages.. if its important the caller will ring back
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
  • feival
    feival Posts: 469 Forumite
    jockettuk wrote:
    i never have voicemail on especially if i have to pay to hear the messages.. if its important the caller will ring back
    Absolutely. Come on everyone - wake up and smell the coffee. Do you not see that this is a way of networks making more money out of you? If the caller hangs up without leaving the message and you were either out of coverage or had the phone off there is no way of you kowing you had a missed call. Now you will know and return the call. If you are true money savers you will not sign up to this offer!!
  • AlanS
    AlanS Posts: 186 Forumite
    feival wrote:
    Absolutely. Come on everyone - wake up and smell the coffee. Do you not see that this is a way of networks making more money out of you? If the caller hangs up without leaving the message and you were either out of coverage or had the phone off there is no way of you kowing you had a missed call. Now you will know and return the call. If you are true money savers you will not sign up to this offer!!

But I have to pay to retrieve voicemail, so if my phone is turned off or I'm out of coverage and someone phoned me, then I'd get a text saying I had voicemail. I wouldn't know who it was, so I'd have to retrieve it (at a cost) to find out who called. This way, I know who called me at zero cost. If it's someone I know I'll ring them back ( I've got a free call allowance but I still get charged to retrieve voicemail ), or send them a text ( I get a free text allowance ) ... or wait till they ring me again ...

Surely this is a better option for anyone who has to pay to retrieve voicemail.
  • trace-j
    trace-j Posts: 783 Forumite

Cheers

Thought there would be a wee catch.
    :idea:I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about:idea:
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I agree with AlanS.This is much better than voicemail as I also have to pay to retrieve a vm but this way I can see who has tried to call then either text them or call them back using my free minutes and texts.Whenever I get a voicemail I always delete it without listening to it as I have to pay for the privilege of hearing someone saying "Damn it her voicemail is on" then leaving no message at all!...lol.... so this way I spend no more money finding out who has called me.

Great find OP thanks very much :beer:
  • jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    feival wrote:

hey who is calling who back lol .. if its a mobile i will txt using free txts if its my daughter i will ring her.. the rest will either ring me back or wait till i get home and i will use my free landline calls lol ..
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
  • feival
    feival Posts: 469 Forumite
    OK I forgot some people actually pay to pick up their voice mail. Why though....!
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    feival wrote:
    OK I forgot some people actually pay to pick up their voice mail. Why though....!

Depends what network/tariff/and if you are contract or payg.Thats one of the reasons i use Virgin for my voicemail, its free to pick up messages.

Yes why do you have to pay.After all the person who called you paid to leave the message,
    PF.
  • Viz_2
    Viz_2 Posts: 720 Forumite

Yes i found this out last night. I have now switched it off. I prefer voicemail.
    Never buy a stupid dwarf -
    Its not big and its not clever.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family