PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chocolate Fountain - any tips!

Comments

• Bossyboots
    Bossyboots Posts: 6,746 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You can use just normal chocolate and Tesco's value chocolate is really quite tasty, we use it for chocolate fondue all the time.

We were at a party last year and were told by the people operating a chocolate fountain that unless you add oil to the chocolate it does not flow.

I seem to remember as well when these first became the "in thing" people were posting here about their difficulties in getting the chocolate to flow.
  • So is there a particular oil to use?!?!
  • we dont use oil and ours flows - strange ............
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hello DopeyDylan

There is an existing thread about chocolate fountains in the 'Old Style' board. It's called Chocolate Fountain - any tips!

I'll move your thread to the 'Old Style' board and the Board Guides might want to merge your thread with the existing one.;)

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi DopeyDylan :)

I've added your post onto the end of the thread that Nile pointed to (thank you Nile). Since posts are listed in date order you'll need to read from the beginning to catch up.

Good luck :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • I own and operate a chocolate fountain rental company

We only use Barry Callebaut Belgian chocolate in our machines...which is the best you can buy.
    Thorntons chocolates are all covered with this chocolate.
    If you do not add some oil to your home chocolate fountain, the chances are it will not flow smoothly. Use vegetable oil only and you will not be able to taste it....gauranteed. Just don't add too much!!!
    When life throws you lemons...put them in a gin and tonic !!
  • myrnahaz
    myrnahaz Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Tesco sell a huge bag (1 kg, I think) of belgian chocolate reduced to £12.99 -it's in the christmas aisle - it looks like loads of whole, unwrapped bars stacked up on each other in a cellophane bag. I haven't tasted it, but thought it was worth a mention.
  • I had a fantastic idea of adding baileys to the chocolate fountain last night when the kiddies had gone to bed but it all curdles and went very thick and lumps - What did I do wrong I thought this would have been yummy......
    Lightbulb moment 10-06-06
    Total debt £36,996.70 June 2006
    Total debt approx £33,000 Oct 2006
    Jan 07....to be worked out but may have gone up GULP:confused: :mad: :eek:
    DFD March 2011
    DFW Nerd 111

19 jan 23 feb 5 weeks:( - grocery challenge £250
  • ajr
    ajr Posts: 145 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I do single cream with chocolate melted in. Its yummy!!
    One day the big prize will be mine!

Expresso coffee maker.
  • colmil
    colmil Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    I wonder how long it will be before these machines are shoved in the back of a cupboard, never to emerge again?

Just the thouight of washing all the gunge off one of these machine fills with horror!
    Filiss
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport