Merlin annual pass half price, £75

Comments

• tinker15
    tinker15 Posts: 1,393 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Destroyer wrote: »
    Right lets get up to speed on the debate regarding the 'Gift Vouchers' which i have recieved this morning in the post from Madame Tussauds -

here are the t's & c's printed on the back of each voucher -

This voucher can only be exchanged for one individual Merlin Annual Pass allowing 12 months unlimited entry tothe UK's top attractions.

To redeem this voucher , simply present it at one the one of the following attractions : The Alton Towers Resort, Chessington World of Adventures & Zoo, THORPE PARK, LEGOLAND Windsor, Warwick Castle, The London Eye, Madame Tussauds London.

Terms & Conditions

Voucher is valid for exchange upto 10 months from issues date(stamped below). Please keep this voucher safe, if lost or stolen this voucher cannot be replaced. Merlin Entertainmment Group reserves the right to refuse voucher or confiscate without return. Defaced vouchers will not be accepted. This voucher cannot be exchanged for cash. Personal details and photo will be taken at point of redemption. Full Merlin Annual Pass Terms & conditions apply, see website for details.

For full details about this product, our exciting attractions and exclusive offers register on our website www.annual-pass.com

Merlin Entertainment Group, Silverglade, Leatherhead Road, Surrey, KT9 2QL
    LEGO, the LEGO logo and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group.

Hi, Did you order your gift vouchers through Madame Tussauds & if you did, was there a reason why you didn't just buy the passes. I ask this as we are going to London next month and want to use them then & cannot decide whether it is easier to buy the passes or the vouchers as it seems with the passes you have to commit to a venue. Thanks
    Comping from May 2012 :D

Thank you to all that post & contribute, I think you are wonderful, I could not achieve without your help :)
  • does anyone know what they class as disability for the disabled pass? Me and hubby were looking into getting one of these passes and I noticed they do a disabled pass with free carer pass for £75 at the moment. Hubby has mental health probs and is on DLA and SDA. The only thing we have as proof (other than bank statements) is a letter saying he will get DLA until at least 2013, would this do?
  • Destroyer
    Destroyer Posts: 432 Forumite
    I believe you can use a disabled car pass as enough proof to get it sorted.
    I usually like to drink my whisky neat :cool2:
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    My gift vouchers are dated 04/01/10 which gives me until October to redeem which i will do & all it does state that the voucher will be exchanged for a Full Annual Pass which tells me you should get all the benefits of the current Merlin Annual Pass (Gold) & not the new terms of the forthcoming Standard & Premium passes.

Please consider what i am saying because you will clearly see on the Merlin website the images shown are of the current Gold coloured annual pass - which means all the new restriction's legally should not apply ??

But please do not quote me on that, but thats the picture i'm beginning to get.

Nevertheless, i am delighted with my bargain purchase & look forward to the summer when i redeem them once my current passes have run out !

i think you will have to adhere to the terms that are valid when you collect your pass, not those that were valid when you bought the gift voucher - as you dont actually confirm your details and acceptance of the T&C until you collect your pass, at which point the full annual pass will no longer exist

however that doesnt matter, as they have the usual get out clause, whereby they can alter the T&C whenever they choose, as long as they give 30days written notice - all holders of the current Annual Pass, should be checking their letter box over the coming weeks

F
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I don't know for sure - I haven't been with my sis when she bought hers, but all she ever has with her is an old deaf college ID card. She gets DLA so maybe she showed a letter or bank statement.

If she can get a disabled pass then it sounds likely that you can too, although there is talk of them tightening up all of the rules regarding disability - I think that will apply more to the exit passes though, where people can get straight onto rides by going up the exit.
    52% tight
  • Destroyer
    tinker15 wrote: »
    Hi, Did you order your gift vouchers through Madame Tussauds & if you did, was there a reason why you didn't just buy the passes. I ask this as we are going to London next month and want to use them then & cannot decide whether it is easier to buy the passes or the vouchers as it seems with the passes you have to commit to a venue. Thanks

The main reason i didnt go for the pass now is because i already have passes that dont expire till June, so would be a waste of 6mths entry ?? The vouchers are much more flexible & can be exchanged at many venues without being tied to a venue/date.
  • Cialilerin
    Cialilerin Posts: 649 Forumite
    If you already have a Merlin family pass, you can renew for £75 per person anyway.

We have had these over the last few years. We are in the Midlands and love Warwick Castle and Alton Towers. My kids are 12, 11, 8 and 2. The 8 year old loves Warwick Castle and we regularly go in the Summer to watch the jousting or just for a picnic. They also do some fun CSI weekends throughout the year for kids, where they have to question the prime suspects and find out who dunnit!! Love it!

Of the theme parks, I'd say that Chessington and Legoland are best for younger children. By the way, I've never been questioned over the age of the kids when we go in, although admittedly, one way or another, we have nearly always had a pushchair with us. On occasion we have even walked in with a niece or nephew while my sister has still been queueing for their tickets!!!
    Proud to be dealing with my debts,
    light bulb moment: 2/1/2010, reviewed 7/1/2012
  • Destroyer
    Cialilerin wrote: »
    If you already have a Merlin family pass, you can renew for £75 per person anyway.

Yes but i dont want them to start from now !!!

Also somebody once told me their is a secret route into one of the Theme Parks via some woods to get in for free !!!!
  • Zziggi
    Zziggi Posts: 2,485 Forumite

can you use this quidco AND get them as gift vouchers (so i have got 10 months to wait)? Can anyone tell me how please?
  • tinker15
    tinker15 Posts: 1,393 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Zziggi wrote: »
    can you use this quidco AND get them as gift vouchers (so i have got 10 months to wait)? Can anyone tell me how please?

It doesn't look like it as Destroyer had a look at the Legoland website, so its probably quidco and passes or vouchers only
    Comping from May 2012 :D

Thank you to all that post & contribute, I think you are wonderful, I could not achieve without your help :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure