EE's 4g price plans released

124»

Comments

• mumbles87
    mumbles87 Posts: 120 Forumite
    Tony5101 wrote: »
    According to their site, you must be in the first 6 months of your plan with either Tmob or Orange, and you must hand your handset back.
    You then start a new 24 month contract with EE.

the way it reads is thats if you just got say a new nokia or another phone.. however as im 1 month into an iphone 5 contract i want to know where i stand

the sim only plans have good amounts of data on the line.... however am i classed as sim only.. or am i classed as another one... i will only switch if im classed as the one thats £36 pm and gets me 5gb of data.

Its not like i need a new phone (like i would if i was in the first 6 months of a new contract with a non 4g phone) and its not like I need to pay the cost again as i have already paid it
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Local Orange store staff think they are crap....
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • jayme1
    jayme1 Posts: 2,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    truly unlimited data (and unlimited tethering allowed).

Whereas that would be nice truly unlimited data is mostly unsustainable even for LTE, I think there are better solutions that prevent the possible abuse of an unlimited plan but give the user freedom such as:
    my personal favourite and the solution I would want it is to give a 'practically unlimited' limit, something like 60GB (able to use however you want), that's more than plenty for everyone but stops the select few people downloading hundreds of gigabytes.

2nd solutions is like T-Mobile do now, you have a limit (1GB on T-Mobile but I would expect 5 or 10GB as an absolute minimum on LTE) then if you reach that limit it cuts you off from high intensity downloads eg iPlayer ect. but you are still fully able to surf the internet and send email no problem.

A third possible solution is to have a limit (again 5-10GB as a minimum) but then have the limit not count (or a high off-peak limit something like 60GB) at certain times and in areas where network saturation is low, ie everywhere at night time and all the time in rural areas where they may be only a couple of villages using a mast.

You can always have extra add-ons for the few who need more data, in exactly the same way as EE is having but £20 should buy 20GB not 4, there certainly shouldn't be any overcharges it should either cut you off from data until you buy an add-on or cut you off from data intensive downloads (as per 2nd solution).

All solutions should always include tethering within any limits, I've said before 1GB of data downloaded from a phone or PC is the same, give people a limit and let them use it however they see fit, at worst case for the networks all they would have is people buying more data add-ons.
  • mumbles87
    mumbles87 Posts: 120 Forumite
    I have just spoke to t mobile, my contract is 36pm fully monty so id go onto the £36 pm contract with 500mb net or have to pay more for more net etc

no need to return handset if its iphone 5 or 4g ready etc

hope this clears anyone elses query if they had the same as mine
  • Kingsd316
    Kingsd316 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    mumbles87 wrote: »
    I have just spoke to t mobile, my contract is 36pm fully monty so id go onto the £36 pm contract with 500mb net or have to pay more for more net etc

If this is the case, then as the dragons would say "I'm Out"
    :beer:
  • mumbles87 wrote: »

Tell me about it - here are your options:

50MB for £3
    500MB for £6
    2GB for £15
    4GB for £20

Stupid.
  • Kingsd316 wrote: »
    If this is the case, then as the dragons would say "I'm Out"

completely agree! I will not be moving. Unless they suddenly have a rethink and offer me 5gb say for 36pm

that would be a reasonable amount of data for the price IMO but i think its because they are offering unlimited calls and txts they just want to stick you with the data

that said i have found 3g pretty good over recent years. I use my ipad to tether my mac on the go and it seems pretty fast

I have BT infi at home.. and it doesnt seem that much faster sometimes!!

has anyone else tho today found ee signal fine as in its there but txts etc not sending? i wonder if they are testing the 4g and its mucking around with the network...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure