London Euston to Tower Hill - How long does it take by tube?

Hi travelling from Euston to Tower Hill by tube on Friday about lunch time. Just wondered if anyone can tell me the best route and how long the journey should take.
Thanks

Comments

• 25 minutes. https://www.tfl.gov.uk - journey planner on the right.
  • if you don't mind a little bit of walking, take the northern line down to london bridge and you can walk from there. Its really not far to walk, maybe 5-10 mins depending on how far you walk. The tube is about 15 minutes from euston - london bridge, its the 6th stop on the bank branch.

If you don't want to walk you can change either at london bridge and walk to monument station and get to tower hill that way. I think its on the circle and district lines but the link above will state that.

These are the quickest ways I reckon
  • Hi,

The tube stops are approximately 2 minutes apart.

You can either (if you don't have heavy luggage) walk straight out of Euston Station to the front, and when you get to the main road that passes the front of the station, turn right, walk along it for 200 metres and at Euston Square Station (same side of the road) get on the (direct) Eastbound - Circle Line (the yellow line) (going towards King's Cross St.Pancras), stay on the tube until Tower Hill, this should take about 15 to 20 mins once you are on the tube - you don't need to change on this line.

OR, you can go down into the tube station that is on the concourse of Euston Station, take the Victoria Line (light blue) towards Walthamstow Central
    or Northern Line (black) towards Morden via Bank, (then, 2 mins later) change at King's Cross St.Pancras Underground Station.
    Then take the Circle Line (yellow) towards Liverpool Street and get off at Tower Hill.

Allow about half an hour for either journey (inc. walking between tube platforms).

(There are other ways, but I find these the easiest)
    Each of the tube lines run every few minutes.

There is an excellent journey planner on the Transport For London website (www.tfl.gov.uk). Which is where I backed up my information! I used to work for London Transport.

Hope this helps,
    Good luck,
    Caroline
  • Thanks All, and thanks caroline, very informative. I shall be taking the Eastbound Circle line i think, less faffing about. Also I'm already having nightmares about getting on the tube and leaving one of the kids stuck on the platform when the doors shut !!! Does that ever happen? Blimey making me nervous just thinking about it !!! I'll take the route with the least changes I think !!
  • You're very welcome!

Yes, it has happened to me once with friends!! :eek: (But it's very rare ;) ).
    The unwritten rule we used to follow is.... if the doors close and one of us is left on the platform, get on the next tube (of the same line, so it IS going to the same stations of course!!) at the same place on the platform and get off at the next station. The person(s) who got on the first train should get off at the next station too of course!! Then all of you get back on either that tube or the next one! You'll be fine, don't worry.
    :j
    I still work in public transport, but back in Chester now.

I hope you get to Tower Hill ok!

Caroline
  • DSmiffy
    DSmiffy Posts: 791
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    By the way crd3000, don't suppose you would be able to tell what the best tube ticket is to buy????

Four of us (one child) travelling around al day on the tube, checking out all the famous london sights. What would you recommend. Can I buy one ticket that lasts all day and covers all the relevant zones, or would I be better going on the sight seeing bus at £20 a head?
    Thanks in advance...

P.S. going tomorrow.
  • whu
    whu Posts: 23,461
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    you can get an off peak travel card for zones 1-2 for £5.30 and for zones 1-4 for £5.90 per person (it also includes buses) - there is also a london pass which (I think) includes some discounts to get into the famous attractions but you will need to have a look at the london underground websites as I am afraid I dont have the details to hand - enjoy the trip
    PS off peak starts from 9:30am
    Keep the Faith:cool:
  • Its up to you which way you go but the reason I suggested the northern line is that I always find the circle line to be really slow in terms of when trains get in. The line is used by circle, metropolitan and hammersmith and city trains and therefore you may be stuck behind a few though if you want you can jump on one of the others and get off at aldgate, you can either wait there and get on the next circle line and go 1 more stop or you can walk from aldgate.

Its always up to you but thats another thing you will need to be aware of when getting on the circle line.
  • DSmiffy
    DSmiffy Posts: 791
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Just got back, thanks for all the tips everyone.
    Mr Poshman, I took all you said on board and even printed it out and took it with me. As it turned out the circle line had pretty good service all weekend so we were quite lucky. Thanks anyway, have pushed all the thanks buttons !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure