next ebay free listing day?

hi, title says it all really, does anyone know when the possibility of the next free listing day on ebay will be?
many thanks
let he without sin cast the first stone

Comments

• cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    They normally only let you know 3 days before. There was one a few weeks back so I wouldn't expect one till the back of June.
  • cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I only list on free listing days now, especially after the fee hikes.

Listing fees haven't increased since 2008. Final value fees you pay if its free listing or not.
  • babie_gurl
    babie_gurl Posts: 157 Forumite
    ohh just got an email about 100 free listings a month from ebay for all sellers ?? did you get it i think it came today i have tryed to copy and paste but i cannot
  • babie_gurl
    babie_gurl Posts: 157 Forumite
    In March 2009 we introduced zero insertion fees for private sellers in the UK and Ireland who list items in auction-style format with a starting price of £0.99 / 1.49 EUR or lower. Since this launch there has been a significant increase in both the number and variety of items listed for sale. This has been welcomed by buyers who are finding great deals.

However, a few sellers have been taking advantage of this pricing to list very large volumes of lower quality goods, creating a poor experience for buyers and other sellers. In order to keep the marketplace in balance, we are introducing a new limit on the number of auction-style listings that do not incur an insertion fee.

From 2 June 2010, all private sellers listing directly on eBay.co.uk and eBay.ie will be entitled to 100 free auction-style listings per month. Thereafter the listings will incur an insertion fee.

eBay.co.uk
    this is the start of it
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 3 May 2010 at 4:47PM
    babie_gurl wrote: »
    In March 2009 we introduced zero insertion fees for private sellers in the UK and Ireland who list items in auction-style format with a starting price of £0.99 / 1.49 EUR or lower. Since this launch there has been a significant increase in both the number and variety of items listed for sale. This has been welcomed by buyers who are finding great deals.

However, a few sellers have been taking advantage of this pricing to list very large volumes of lower quality goods, creating a poor experience for buyers and other sellers. In order to keep the marketplace in balance, we are introducing a new limit on the number of auction-style listings that do not incur an insertion fee.

From 2 June 2010, all private sellers listing directly on eBay.co.uk and eBay.ie will be entitled to 100 free auction-style listings per month. Thereafter the listings will incur an insertion fee.

eBay.co.uk
    this is the start of it
    That's about the restriction of free 99p listings to 100 per month. The free 99p start auctions have been in for some time now, it started March 2009. At that time and some time before most of the listing fees were reduced and gallery charges were also waived and the final value fees increased.

According to last years listing days the next free one will be at the end of June.

As it looks like some don't know the current listing fees in auction categories for private sellers is as follows
    Listings starting at between £0.01 – £0.99 are Free
    £1.00 - £4.99 is 15p
    £5.00 - £14.99 - 25p
    £15.00 - £29.99 - 50p
    £30.00 - £99.99 - £1.00
    £100 or more - £1.30

In media it is free up to 99p and 10p for £1 or more.

Final value fees are 10% up to a maximum of £40.

I can understand a problem with final value fees but waiting for free listing days seems rather pointless, given that the savings will generally be minimal.

• I'm waiting for that too , have 2 boxes full ....
  • goingsenile
    goingsenile Posts: 338 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Just recieved an email from Ebay 10 MINS ago to say this weekend 8th and 9th May are free listing
    Aj
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Not pointless for me, I sold 19 items on the last free listing day.

Items were all high value items which would have cost me well over £20 to list.
    Which means you sold over £600 of goods, given that there is less competition during periods with no free listing days you may have achieved a higher sale price, just a theory.

Hope all those who see the free listing weekend as worthwhile do well this coming weekend.
  • prestonblue
    prestonblue Posts: 60 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    hi, title says it all really, does anyone know when the possibility of the next free listing day on ebay will be?
    many thanks
    Ive just had a word with Ebay and they are doing a free listing this weekend 8th and 9th of May ;)
    Blue n White
  • Jonj1611
    Jonj1611 Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Are there any conditions to the free listing? Just tried listing some items with a start price varying between 99p and 3.99 and they wanted a listing fee?

Jon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport