penpals in the forces free to send "email" letters to cheer them up

Comments

• crispeater
    crispeater Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    omg im with KizzyK, what on earth do you write?
    i definately have 10/20 minutes spare but i really wouldnt know what to say!
    It only seems kinky the first time.. :A
  • jpwhittle
    jpwhittle Posts: 1,509
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    just write anything at all. tell them about yourself and what you do and ask them about themselves. christmas is definatly a good time to write as well as you can wish them merry christmas some of them seem to get forgatten aabout at that time cos they arent here. my husband was away the other christmas and it was suprising how many didnt et a card or parcel from back home.
    back to comping in 2017, fingers crossed :beer:
  • What a fantastic idea ,i would love to be able to brighten someones day just by writing an email.
    Will this hammy hunt ever end ???
    So far all 4 hamsters £40,3 beds £15,Skate board and u turn £22,House £25 total £97.00 ....still wanting wheel,car,slide,ball,surf board ....
    HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERY ONE :rotfl:
  • emma_b_4
    emma_b_4 Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    i have pmd every1 who has pmd me,, you email the letter and it gets printed off somewhere and then posted so really all it takes from u is the same as an email xx
  • emma_b_4
    emma_b_4 Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    for snail mail just wrie the letter and post it! doh wasnt finking ealrier have had so many replies well done every1 x
  • thanks for that, i send emails to sick kids via https://www.postpals.co.uk but would be nice to be able to speak like an adult!
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • Hi Emma, I sent you a PM but it seems your mailbox is full.
  • Just to let everyone know, the e-blueys are printed in theatre and sealed in an envelope that is part of the paper (hope this makes sense). Often there are are problems with the printers in certain areas (you can check on the website for this) but on those occasions the e-blueys are printed elsewhere and just put in the psot.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • hi, just pmed you (hope it arrived ok?) to aks for someones details.
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • I just wanted to put a BEWARE on here.....several years ago, well in early 90's I did the same, sent a letter off, this bloke started to write etc etc, then the next thing is his WIFE (who he had never mentioned) started phoning me. He said it was his mate who had been writing and tried to make light of it...I said I'd send the photo to him and his wife, he then came clean to me and said he had wanted a "bit on the side". I obviously told him where to go, but he obviously told his wife a different story. It took a lot of complaining etc to get his wife to stop making silent phone calls, threatening letters etc..He was just a S*%T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure