discover access holiday club malta

Comments

• Please do not sign up for discoverAccess! We have just returned from Sliema and were caught on our first day when my only excuse is that we were still not thinking straight. Bells should have started ringing I suppose when at the end of the spiel we discovered we had no credit card with us and when my partner and I said we would return to the hotel for it they moved heaven and earth to ensure only one of us went. I think they knew if we both had a bit of breathing space we would realise our mistake and not return. Many of the things we were told at the Preluna Hotel we have since found to be false. Have found it is almost impossible to choose a holiday without contacting Malta (at your own expense) and all you get is an answering service and left on hold, we have not been able to get through to customer services in Malta at all. There are also many sites filled with complaints about this company. We have lost £400 deposit and as they told us that there was no cooling off period they will be pursuing us for the remaining £1200. The old saying 'If something sounds too good to be true it is' is certainly true!
  • I know your last thread was dated Aug 2012 but how did you manage to resolve the situation. We have just arrived back from Malta and had done exactly as you did. I have cancelled one contract but there was a smaller one for a short period of time which stated "cannot be cancelled". I tried and they have responded with a letter say it was a trial period 1 year, and cannot be cancelled. I have stopped the card they would take payment on. If anyone else has any ideas of how to cancel your advice would be much appreciated.
  • nanajana
    nanajana Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 20 May 2014 at 6:39PM
    Just returned from sunny Malta. We also done the club membership with discover access but gave decided to cancel. We cant find any email address or phone number that they answer to do this. Our cooling off period is up on Saturday24/05/2014. Need to get it in but to who? Can anyone help please? We have paid nothing as yet.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    nanajana,

I managed to find this:
    Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact the Reservations Department on the direct help line (00356) 2158 2416 from 08:00hrs to 14:30hrs (UK time) Monday to Friday, or e-mail us at: services@discoverAccess.BIZ.
    which may do you.
    http://www.discoveraccess.biz/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Preluna.pdf

I would suggest that you send an e-mail to the services e-mail address giving details of your membership and informing them that you wish to cancel and ask them to either pass it to the relevant dept or to advise you of the mailing or e-mail address to enable you to do this.

Make sure that you keep a copy of the e-mail so that in the event of any problems, you can show that you made a good effort to inform them of the cancellation within the timescale allowed.
  • Hi. Still an issue, I'm afraid. Now discoverAccess Ltd are selling two part deals to a holiday club, of which yrs 2-10 can be cancellled, but the first part, being for 363 days, and therefore not quite a year, is not within the scope of the EC timeshare and Holiday Club Regs.

However, the new (June 2014) EC Consumer Rights Regulations do apply, which gives a fourteen day cooling-off period, despite all the warnings to the contrary in their Contract.
  • Hello
    I too got caught with a 10 year and a free 1 year contract
    After a big fight managed to cancel the 10 year but still have to pay for the 1 year that is in fact only 363 days.

Has anyone got any helpful advice. I have been to ecc and Maltese tourist board/authority.
    Thank you
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    There's touts in the main resorts, Sliema, Bugibba, St Julians, and Mellieha.

Just give them a polite no thanks.....they understand. It can get a bit wearing when you get approached each day of your holiday, so perhaps take a bit of rectangular red card and hold that in front of their nose.
  • We experience the same situation we want to cancel the 10 yrs which is still under 14 days.

But the so called 1 yr Free which is not one year at all as its only 363 days says "cannot be cancelled "
    Can anyone advice me how to get away with it.. as we if we cannot cancel it we are parting ways with 1200 GBP plus the 400 GBP deposit.
  • We experience the same situation we want to cancel the 10 yrs which is still under 14 days.

But the so called 1 yr Free which is not one year at all as its only 363 days says "cannot be cancelled "
    Can anyone advice me how to get away with it.. as we if we cannot cancel it we are parting ways with 1200 GBP plus the 400 GBP deposit.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    MERRY wrote: »
    We experience the same situation we want to cancel the 10 yrs which is still under 14 days.

Yes we get the idea you want to cancel since you have posted the same post twice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure