PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10th December 2012

Comments

• I'm in.

I seem to do ok on mon and tues. then weds it slides and the rest of the week is a write off.

I have a RIDICULOUS amount of wrapping to do this week as well. I will have to dedicate an hour a day to that as well. Every year I say I will wrap as I go along. And every year, I don't!

Natty, thanks for the list.

Take care all

Love, hugs and spoons

Lisa xxx
  • amyloofoo
    amyloofoo Posts: 1,804
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Ooookay, so I tend to go awol half way through the week; but I'm definitely in it again (and fortunately most rooms aren't toooo bad from last week's effort, although the bedrooms are a disgrace)! I have visitors this week so really need to get on top of things.

Manic Monday- Kitchen and Dining Room
    Level One

Clear and wipe those surfaces, even if around things!
    Level Two
    Clean floors
    Sort fridge bringing what needs using soon to the front, wipe any spills
    Wipe dining table (clean table cloth if necessary)
    Level Three
    Dust any extra furniture in dining area, checking for cobwebs on way round
    Wipe & replace small appliances such as kettle, toaster etc (wipe under too, especially the toaster!)
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances, don't forget those kick boards
    Check those washing machine, tumble dryer, cooker hood and dishwasher filters

Extra tasks if you want to do more

• Wipe window sills and clean windows in these rooms
    • Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps
    • Clean the inside of cupboard doors
    • Clean oven if you didn't do it last week
    • Clean one cupboard out, what is that in there? anything out of date? Sort through it and clean it before putting everything back

Christmas Extras
    • Finalise those last minute presents you have to buy..
    • Post all the cards you need to post
    • Wrap all the presents for family/friends
    • Finalise shopping orders/lists for your christmas food shop.. remember shops are only closed for one day!!!!
  • Hi ladies, can I join in too?

I have been trying to get on top of housework and decluttering for ages but keep losing momentum, I'm hoping this thread will give me the motivation I need

Manic Monday- Kitchen and Dining Room
    Level One
    Clear and wipe those surfaces, even if around things!
    Level Two
    Clean floors
    Sort fridge bringing what needs using soon to the front, wipe any spills
    Wipe dining table (clean table cloth if necessary)
    Level Three
    Dust any extra furniture in dining area, checking for cobwebs on way round
    Wipe & replace small appliances such as kettle, toaster etc (wipe under too, especially the toaster!)
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances, don't forget those kick boards
    Check those washing machine, tumble dryer, cooker hood and dishwasher filters

Extra tasks if you want to do more

• Wipe window sills and clean windows in these rooms
    • Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps
    • Clean the inside of cupboard doors
    • Clean oven if you didn't do it last week
    • Clean one cupboard out, what is that in there? anything out of date? Sort through it and clean it before putting everything back
    Christmas Extras
    • Finalise those last minute presents you have to buy..
    • Post all the cards you need to post
    • Wrap all the presents for family/friends
    • Finalise shopping orders/lists for your christmas food shop.. remember shops are only closed for one day!!!!
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Morning All

Yes I'm awake at stupid o'clock!

I'm on a sleepover next weekend and I've got to wrap around 20 presents for that at some point this week. Other than that it's just a normal week! Cubs tonight, football Wed, Beavers & Scouts Thurs, sleepover Fri. Actually Friday's completely written off as I've got to give my dad a lift straight after work, get my stuff for the sleepover, have some tea, walk the dog and be there for about 6.30.

I've done no ironing this weekend so I think I'm going to get up in a min and do a HHI as the kids have got no uniform ironed.

Thanks natty for taking over the helm with dusty.

Have a good day all

Hugs

Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,403
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    juliejim wrote: »
    Morning All

Yes I'm awake at stupid o'clock!

Good morning juliejim and everyone :wave: Into double figures for December already: where do the days go?

I was up at silly o'clock too - I have toothache that started on Friday evening, and the paracetamol that I took last night obviously wasn't enough to dull the pain to give me a good night's sleep :mad: I shall have to ring the dentist as soon as the surgery opens. Not a good start to the week, but it can only get better... I hope.

I've already made DH's packed lunch and checked my eB@y sales - two more items to pack immediately, and I'm awaiting two other payments - plus 8 more items finish today, of which one has a bid and 3 others have watchers. I'm well pleased :D (but not about the toothache!)

DH has had his model painting stuff all over the lounge and dining room this weekend, so it hasn't been worth trying to clean round him. He *will* put it away before he goes off to work this morning ;) I got my own back by spreading knitting things all over the coffee table - DGD1 wants dolls clothes for Xmas, and the first set (a pram suit) is nearly done, but I'd forgotten how fiddly 4-ply is and it's taken me longer than I'd expected. The rest will definitely be DK :rotfl:

This week is looking less "bitty" than last week was, so better for flying (I didn't achieve a great deal again last week but we were both out a lot of the time so nobody saw the state of the house). We're working at our local heritage railway all day Wednesdays and Saturdays as volunteers on the Santa Specials :xmassmile
    I want to put up our tree on Friday, so the downstairs has all got to be cleaned thoroughly by then, and the upstairs has to be ready for next week (and I have to be very well organised) for the two days when I shall be looking after DGS1 and DGS2 including their first sleepover here :)

I have already cleared the kitchen worktops, so will now go and empty the DW, wipe the oven and do what else I can before breakfast without waking DH up just yet - he needs his beauty sleep!. Emergency dental appointment and GUAG permitting, I'll carry on flying during the day and start on the Christmas cards and wrapping this evening while DH is out.

(((Hugs))) and spoons to all who need them, especially LW and SB.
  • JennyJewell
    JennyJewell Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    :hello: Hello everyone
    Just popping on before I get ready for work :)
    Thank you for the list Natty x

Happy birthday juliejim and Mudbath - have a lovely day both :bdaycake:

I have a counselling session after work, coursework to do when I get home plus finish tidying living room and decorate and if time bake some promised cupcakes for myloved ones but will try and do some of the kitchen if only level 1 :)

Must run off now and get ready for work, catch you later :)
    Jenny x
    Everything happens for a reason :)
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943
    Forumite
    3 x HHIs done so that's a start.

BTW DUsty I'll join in the ironing challenge as I do every year! Don't always achieve it though!

Ionafan - hope the toothache's sorted out quickly.
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503
    Forumite
    Morning all

DS1 away to work
    DS2 like a zombie, didn't sleep well
    DS3 waiting to see how well he is when he wakes up

Packed lunches, mogs breakfast and wiping the table first, our bed already stripped.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Morning!

I'm in for the week again. Thanks for organising, Natty and thanks for last weeks, DK.

Welcome newcomers! Getting sorted for Christmas? :T

I'm working from home today once I get the tots away to nursery, so as usual I made a (small) start last night, and will do some at lunchtime.

Not me for the ironing challenge, I tend to not iron as much as poss, but the essentials are done as they dry. Nowhere to keep an ironing pile :o

Let's get cracking!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Mumto5
    Mumto5 Posts: 1,838
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for the new thread Natty

Ionafan ouch, I hope you get your tooth sorted this morning.

School runs, paid stuff and swimming.

I'm ahead if where I usually am with present wrapping. I still need to wrap DS2's but all the others are done.

Food is something I need to get sorted. Thanks for the timely reminder.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure