Mortgage free by Dec 2019...we shall see.

Comments

• l33na
    l33na Posts: 238 Forumite
    well done am impressed with the OP (:oat mine)but heyho.
    Good idea re the rental insurance.

Look forward to reading your journey to mF...
    sealed pot chellenger no992Total for 2011= £198
    mfw= 2011 overpayment =
    Mfw 2012 no#25=OP target £2000
    The road to success is always under construction.
  • liuhut
    liuhut Posts: 1,269 Forumite
    Thanks for the well done l33na...I dont think that I'll be making an OP this month now, got loads of expense and the OH has been under paid by $1600...fingers crossed they can sort it soon.
    Posting to say the mortgage payment went out and by my calculation.....so probably completly wrong!! I think its.... 60637, hoping that by 1st Dec to have it well under the £60k mark...whooohooo.
    L x
    WIN £2008 in 2008 £1836.31 2009 wins - £91!!! 2010 wins in Oz $ 6170.... wins 2011 aprox $2000
    MFIT - number 37. Reduce my mortgage from £63,500 to £48,000. now at 54,000...
  • liuhut
    Blimey what a month. I had a weekend away at the start of the month which was a competition win worth $6000, had the most amazing time then I had a phone call to say relly in England was very sick so I got a plane but didnt make it in time.......the downside to living in Oz BUT at least I was there for the rest of the family and for the funeral.
    while I was there, had a 'little' spending spree, it would have been wrong not too the way the dollar is against the pound.
    Anyway, back in Oz now, op has gone out of the account today, will ring them on the 1st (last time I was informed that this was the best day to ring)...by my calc. it should be £60155...so close to the £60k mark and will crack that next month!
    OH has finally been payed what was owing and has his proper wage going in, he has really come round to the op's but we are still unsure if we should keep money here and 'offset' it - one one savings account I can get 6.7% and the kids account is 10%.....wish I had a crystal ball!!!
    Hope everyone else is going OK
    L x
    WIN £2008 in 2008 £1836.31 2009 wins - £91!!! 2010 wins in Oz $ 6170.... wins 2011 aprox $2000
  • SmlSave
    SmlSave Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good to hear from you lilhut :) and what good luck with the comp win!

Sorry to hear about your relative.
    Currently studying for a Diploma - wish me luck :)

Phase 1 - Emergency Fund - Complete :j
    Phase 2 - £20,000 Mortgage Fund - Underway
  • l33na
    l33na Posts: 238 Forumite
    sorry to hear aboutthe reletive passing.

Atleast your Dh has come round to this OP . I am stashing away in a a/c to sort of offset the low interest owed on the mtge but hubby is really eyeing up that a/c lol.
    sealed pot chellenger no992Total for 2011= £198
    mfw= 2011 overpayment =
    Mfw 2012 no#25=OP target £2000
    The road to success is always under construction.
  • liuhut
    Thank you for your kind comments. Had a busy few weeks with all the hoiusehold being sick at one time or another...great!
    I FINALLY got the mortgage statement to the end of Sept and it stood at 60641.21...so I was only out by £4, I have now found a better spreadsheet which will be more accurate so going on that the mortgage figure at the moment $59911.55....finally under the £60k mark whoooohoooo!!!
    According to the ss the £50k mark will be June 2012 so going to try to move that a bit further forward!
    On the neg side, OH might not be paid for two weeks at christmas so got to allow for that and erm....ive not done a lot of xmas shopping yet...normally by now I'm finished but for some reason this year I just am not in the mood for it...better get my !!! in gear!
    Hope everyone else is getting on well
    L x
  • AnnaBeth
    AnnaBeth Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I found you! Your diary is extra interesting with living abroad as well.
    Mortgage OPs seem really good definitely good goal to get to lower number like out of the 60,000 bracket. Congratulations with that!
    Mortgage = £330,000
    Grateful for the roof over my head and the money to buy food ❤️
  • liuhut
    AnnaBeth wrote: »
    I found you! Your diary is extra interesting with living abroad as well.
    Mortgage OPs seem really good definitely good goal to get to lower number like out of the 60,000 bracket. Congratulations with that!

Thank you! Nice of you to pop in, I didnt realise how long its been since I've posted tbh.

Well the mortgage is now £59,431.48, which I'm really pleased thats its now in the £50k. Had a very busy few weeks, work has been busy, we have five people coming to stay ready for the Ashes, the first ones arrive this weekend so have been busy 'trying' to make the house look like I clean it! Going to be going to the MCG to watch it so excitied about that...

Xmas shopping is all done, last bits are being collected on Tuesday and then just need to wrap them. Where I work, they give you three house 'shopping time' so I'm taking that next week to wrap all the pressies. I have bought everyone that is visiting a boomerang!!

On the neg side, I was in agony last week and have found out I have galstones, I am on a low fat diet but I LOVE my food and am sooo upset about it all, however I have managed to fit into a pair of trousers this morning that I last wore...three years ago, I'm amazed I can get in them so I think that this will keep me motivated, that and not wanting to be in agony again!! Just hoping I can avoid having an op.

The kids break up for their summer hols next week...still need to get my head round that one! We are going to go to Sydney for a few days so just the standard OP from me this month I think.
    If I dont get chance to post again, I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

L x
  • liuhut
    Hello. just nipping in to post my new figure of £58,949 Slowly going down!
    I have been playing round with figures and I 'think' that I should be able to start overpaying by another £400 a month from march, OH is getting a 4% payrise and I will can switch my phone and internet around then ( they are so expensive here its just scary)
    Also from the spreadsheet that I kept last year I have been able to plan for spending's each month and have altered my SOA to save for annual events on a monthly basis, this has increased my Soa somewhat..I hate having loads of things I have to pay for on it however I think its now realistic and I will get interest on the savings as well.
    I've booked the dentist for the end of the month..last time it cost $400 so we are all frantically brushing and flossing in the hope we will get a clean bill of health.
    we have had a lot of visitors over the six weeks, which although its been lovely has really stretched the finances...BBQ for 12 xmas day when I was expecting 7 although I couldn't turn backpackers from home away, hate to think of people on there own at xmas! Hopefully now the last few are about to leave we can get the family back to some kind of normality....have to say though maybe commune living isnt a bad idea, I've loved having one person cook, two more wash and dry and me...erm supervising!!

Hope everyone is ticking along nicely to being MF
    L x
  • liuhut
    wow not posted for a while. Mortgage now stands at £56520 so very pleased with that.
    My savings spreadsheet is working well and I've managed to save $17000, I was going to send some of it home but the interest rates here are good (6.5%) against 3.19 on the mortgage plus I'm keeping an eye on the exchange rate and will send a bit soon.
    I have been getting very obsessed with it all but things might slow down soon as I've just been accepted at uni! Its distance learning and I will need to spend 20 hours a week, bit worried where I'm going to find 20 hours a week... I think i might be my Internet time will go plus batch cooking and general house cleaning, I'm hoping OH will pick up some of the jobs round the house.

I need ideas though, i'm currently saving 10% of earnings for savings, 10% for mortgage, 10% for hols (we want a trip home next year) ... do you think this is too much, I think this is why im getting stressed every month thinking I'm skint. On paper I'm not but in my little head its all allocated for things...does that make sense? I know I sound crazy, I think I just need to loosen the reins a bit.
    Anyway hope everyone else is doing OK
    L x

Note to self..neverpost on here after two glasses of wine! sorry for my ramblings L x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure