I want to burn confidential papers??????

Ok, ive been through a couple of shredders in the last few years and to be honest I get sick of collecting loads of family confidential bank papers and all the other general stuff that we have to shred.

I was thinking, there must be something on the market so you can burn your papers instead of shredding.

Does anyone know anything on the market that is designed to do this. Something possibly like a BBQ type contraption that you put all your confidential waste in and burn it.

We do not have a coal fire so thats out of the question and i dont want to just use a old oil drum in the back garden to burn papers.

Any ideas please
All the big powers they've silenced me. So much for free speech and choice on this fundamental human right, and outing the liars.

Comments

• Basil1234
    Basil1234 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    its called a garden incinerator look here http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=en&q=garden+incinerator&rlz=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wf

also do garden waste as well :)
  • I'd choose something prettier to be honest.
    A firepit or firebasket or small chiminea. Useful for burning and decorative.
    Some ideas here
    http://uk.shopping.com/chiminea-trago-mills/products
    Try T J Hughes or B & M Bargains as they'll probably be cheaper.
  • I have one of the square garden incinerators, and I tend to use any unwanted confidential papers to start a bonfire. Had one only yesterday to get rid of Christmas tree and prunings, got rid of loads of papers too. Advantage is when you get the fire going very little will put it out (unless you want to of course), burns lovely and hot.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just make sure if you live in a residential area you OK this with your council or you could end up with a warning or even an ASBO!! Remember: people have washing, small children and pets who wont appreciate the smoke, hence the reason its best to speak to the council to OK it if its possible.
  • You could always put the documents into a bucket with some water and mix it up a bit.
    Less fun admitedly but a lump of papier mache is as hard to use for ID fraud as a pile of ashes. You could even turn the resulting blocks into logs for a burner.
    "Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves." - Norm Franz
  • vaio
    vaio Posts: 12,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ^^ what he said, and adding a squirt of washing up liquid makes the process quicker.

Doesn't have the primeval fun of burning though
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport