Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

JSA and voluntary work

Options
2»

Comments

• louise_1981
    louise_1981 Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    Options
    I worked for a local youth charity, in Lancaster. Have a look in the yellow pages to see if there are some local to you. They would snap you up.
    The sign of a wasted life is a tidy house, Welcome to the chaos!
  • HazelEyes_3
    Options
    This web site should helpwww.volunteeringengland.org.ukAlthough you won't be able to work directly with children until your CRB check has come throughGood luck
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    "It is reasonable for the person or organisation you are doing the voluntary work for not to pay you."

This is the bit that has stopped me. Apparently my local primary school can afford to pay me for my time...
    Do they not have any reading volunteers? When mine were that age, every class had AT LEAST one volunteer who would hear children read.

Failing that, an afterschool club?

Nothing that lamb posted says voluntary work can only be done for a charity. :confused:
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • smudgepuss
    Options
    Guiding or Scouting? There are currently 50,000 girls waiting to join Guiding, who can't due to a lack of leaders.

http://www.girlguiding.org.uk/join
    http://81.27.76.135/join/join_volunteer.php

Apologies if the guiding one doesn't work, they updated the website last week, and i'm still a bit lost!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure