Egg Money migration...or not....

Comments

• Reaper wrote: »
    Not quite sure what you mean by this. The tool to see all your accounts in one place (what was the Egg Money Manager) is not a savings account itself. It just lists all your accounts and their balances across all the various companies you use.

Whether or not you can withdraw directly from a savings account to an external account depends on the rules for the particular accounts you are using.

Hmm, I could never see my balances in my external accounts... Anyway, doesn't matter now. What I meant was I liked being able to pay money to several places from my savings account. Clicking on my savings, withdrawing money, and choosing where to withdraw it to. If I do open a new savings account, I don't want to have to withdraw to my current account first; I want to still be able to do multiple transactions direct.
  • Hmm, I could never see my balances in my external accounts...

If you'd entered all the passwords etc and still couldn't see them, it maybe because of browser you are using. Egg Money manager only worked with Internet Explore 6 or higher. Suspect YBS system will be the same.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hmm, I could never see my balances in my external accounts...

It is very unlikely you were using EMM then.
  • A 4.10pm update. It works!

It's as slow as something that's really, really slow, but I managed to see all of my accounts. (It would have been a bit quicker to visit each institution by car, but maybe that's just YBS teething problems.)

A tip: on Firefox, it asked me to to download the password safe and then it timed out and told me it had been unsuccessful. However, it was still downloading in the background and WAS successful.

Apparently it works on Chrome, Firefox and IE.

Just hope it speeds up...
  • innovate
    Combo Breaker First Post
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi

Yorkshire Building Society has asked to give a reply. MSE doesn't endorse anything an organisation says on the Forum.

We are experiencing high levels of activity in the account management area of our site. As a result you may experience some delays when logging in to your account. I'm extremely sorry for any inconvenience and disruption this causes. We are currently trying to resolve these issues. Thanks for your patience.

Nick

Nick Gander
    E-commerce Channel Manager
    Yorkshire Building Society

Would be nice if YBS put a few quid into everyone's account to compensate for the time we all wasted today because the migration wasn't promised as completed. This - and a properly working service (incl. Money Manager) by tomorrow start of business might just convince me from not closing my account.
  • innovate
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 September 2012 at 4:45PM
    A 4.10pm update. It works!

Took me roughly 15 minutes to log just now (on Chrome), and there's no sign of Money Manager for me :-(

EDIT: Ah, here we go: another 4 minutes on, and I can now see the "password safe download" option.

Message now received:
    Unfortunately, the download of the password safe was unsuccessful. There are a number of possible reasons for this, click here to find out more

I am beginning to wonder whether YBS hired some of the RBS/Natwest IT folk.
  • Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Bit of a shambles really. Didn't YBS expect their to be increased demand and made extra provision ? Still not managed to transfer my account

I suspect most of Eggs ex customers just kept accounts open for the Money Manager service. I've gone with First Direct version, you don't need to be a customers of theirs. Impressed so far, a lot better set out and they offer a lot more organisations e.g. utility and mobile phone companies.
  • innovate
    Combo Breaker First Post
    If you want to close your account, you need to send a letter to

Savings Service Administration Dept
    Yorkshire Building Society
    Yorkshire House
    Yorkshire Drive
    BRADFORD
    BD5 8LJ

For balances up to £5K, you can request a bank transfer to an account of your choice (they need sort code, acct number and account name) . For balances of £5K and over, you will receive a cheque.
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    innovate wrote: »
    I am beginning to wonder whether YBS hired some of the RBS/Natwest IT folk.

Or the same bunch who did the Egg Money to Barclaycard migration.

Or the Alliance & Leicester to Santander migration.
  • I persevered and eventually it prompted me to install a 'missing component' (YBS Account Aggregation). It took me a few goes to install it but after that everything worked.
    And I didn't need to re-enter all my account details:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport