Brabantia spare parts?

Comments

• Tribal
    Tribal Posts: 84 Forumite
    wandsoft wrote: »
    I had the same problem as everyone else – the catch on my Brabantia bin broke.

I called them on 0845 6024877, spoke to a friendly guy who confirmed that they supply new clips free, and he sent me two in the post within a couple of days.

Great bin, rubbish design of catch, but excellent customer service.

Same probllem, the catch broke, they sent a replacement, but I had had such a struggle getting the old one off that I must have done something to the attaching area of the lid. The new one wouldn't click in place. Called them back, and they OFFERED me a new lid, FREE, and free P&P, with no proof of purchase, and the bin being six years old! Didn't have to cajole or beg or anything. Highly recommend the product as the after sales service is truly astonishing and very welcome in this day and age.
  • yorkie77
    yorkie77 Posts: 169 Forumite
    I have just ordered a FREE lid as the little plastic thingy snapped off that the catch grabs hold of :D
  • SGF
    SGF Posts: 1 Newbie
    I phoned the number listed previously to order a replacement bin lid as the catch has broke. I too was offered a free replacement without proof of purchase (I told the customer services that the bin is about 3 or 4 years old which is true). I must send the broken bin lid back to them before they'll send the replacement which is fair enough.

Outstanding product and oustanding service.

S

:T
  • Somerset
    Somerset Posts: 3,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Very grateful for this thread - our plastic thingy on our bin lid has just broken off. Now I know to contact Brabantia. :beer:
  • FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    I never had to send my broken bin lid in first, perhaps they have changed their rules. They were great about replacing the lid free of charge.
  • JanCee
    JanCee Posts: 1,241 Forumite
    Thanks to everyone who has posted info on this. I was about to buy a new bin until I saw this and now Brabantia are going to send out a new lid after I send the old one in. This is exceptional customer service as I no longer have the receipt.
  • So glad I checked this forum when my Brabantia bin lid broke after 6 years, didn't think for one minute I could do anything about it without proof of purchase but after reading this thread I phoned Brabantia who sent me a postage label and told me to wrap old lid in black bin bag and send it to them. Posted it two weeks ago today, received new bin lid this morning. My life is a bit boring so this has made my day!! Ha ha.
    Also the bin lid has been re-designed and is much better and unlikely to develop the same faualt again.
    Nice one Brabantia and Money Saving Expert Forum.
  • As above, thanks to this thread, my new lid was delivered today, I had no proof of purchase and had to send the old lid back to them (but that was free) but it worked. Until I read this I didn't even remember there was a 10 year guaranty.
  • NJW69
    NJW69 Posts: 843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    My lid broke last week and I've contacted them and they are sending me a postage bag to send it back for replacement. I'm really pleased.
    GC Jan £318/£350, Feb £221.84/£300, Mar £200.00/£250 Apr £201.05/£200 May £199.61/£200 June £17.25/£200

NSD Feb 23/12 :j NSD Mar 20/20 NSD Apr 24/20
    May 24/24
  • Hey. :)

I rang 0845 6024877 and they are sending me out a replacement clip for my bin. So thank you very much for this.

xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport