PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Defrosting bread/buns

Options
Tried it in the microwave but it just went from fozen to soft to hard.
What's the best way to defrost bread/buns....leave them out on the kitchen bench for x amount of hours??

And how long can you keep them in the freezer?

Comments

• janeawej
    janeawej Posts: 808 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bread rolls buns can be kept in freezer indefinately, i find the best way to defrost is to leave out for a few hours, if in a rush u can toast bread from frozen i n the toaster prescliced of course! putting bread in the fridge makes it go horrid so dont defrost that way, also more expensive but ambient part baked rolls are a handy standby just pop in oven for 10 mins and hey presto fresh baked bread! i usualy keep some in stock they have several months on their useby
    Member 1145 Sealed Pot Challenge No4 ;)
    NSD challenge not to spend anything till 2011!:rotfl:
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Leave them out Bob. A roll will be soft enough to cut in about half an hour, once split it will soon be soft. Sliced bread defrosts in minutes provided you take the slices out and put them on plates. A whole uncut loaf takes much longer, but the ends defrost first so you can start slicing before it's fully defrosted.HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure